Visiting Tuscaloosa from the UK

<p>Hi, I’m looking for some help/advice. We are a mixed group of 4 and will be in town from the UK for a couple of nights mid December (midweek - Tuesday & Wednesday). None of us have been to Tuscaloosa or even Alabama before. We have researched good areas for nightlife as we would like to get out and party. We are staying near campus and have been pointed in the direction of the Strip or Downtown as the best places to meet fun young people who are looking for a good time, just like us! Any info and advice on where we should go would be very much appreciated!</p>

<p>Are you from the United Kingdom or the University of Kentucky?</p>

<p>Students have finals the week of Dec. 8 and are finished Dec. 13. There probably won’t be much partying mid-week in mid-Dec.</p>

<p>No, we’re from the United Kingdom. Leeds in England to be precise…</p>

<p>And that’s not what I wanted to hear!</p>

<p>That’s what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure.</p>

<p>Someone who is more knowledgeable about the local scene may chime in, but I’m afraid that Tuscaloosa will be pretty quiet.</p>

<p>What else is on your itinerary?</p>

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>Somehow I missed this thread.</p>

<p>What exact dates will you be coming?</p>

<p>We have researched good areas for nightlife as we would like to get out and party. We are staying near campus and have been pointed in the direction of the Strip or Downtown as the best places to meet fun young people who are looking for a good time, just like us</p>

<p>Ok… In the United States you have to be 21 to drink. If you’re incoming frosh coming out of HS, then you won’t be old enough to really party. </p>

<p>If you’re just looking for places where students hang out, then much will depend on when you’re coming. If you come AFTER finals, then school is closed that there won’t be a lot of kids around since they’ll be home for Christmas/Winter Holidays.</p>