Visiting UA!

<p>so I don’t have any other option but to visit Alabama Nov. 11th a University Day. This will be my first time down to visit. I am nervous not ever seeing the campus before that I will not get to see enough of it. Any ideas, suggestions. I will probably be arriving around 3 on thursday and will head out after the day is over to UTK(next college visit). Alabama is my first choice even without seeing it! I’m just nervous that I won’t get to experience everything that I need too. Any tips would be great!</p>

<p>So, you’ll be doing your own tour? </p>

<p>And, you’ll be on campus around 3pm on Thursday?</p>

<p>[iTour</a> Bama - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://itour.ua.edu/]iTour”>http://itour.ua.edu/)</p>

<p>You can download the tour onto your iPod and follow it while on campus.</p>

<p>What is your likely major?</p>

<p>There is another thread called Visiting Campus just a little bit down from this. Read that, it has a lot of good suggestions. My son and I had our first visit a few weeks ago. We went to the Arkansas game and had an incredible time. He is only a junior, but he really can’t bring himself to be interested in any other schools. Good luck on your visit!</p>

<p>i guess that means we will be doing the tour on our own, which makes me a little nervous. and most likely business!</p>

<p>I suggest that on Thursday, that you do the “driving part” of the tour and then on Friday do the walking part of the tour.</p>

<p>When you get to campus on Thursday, first go to Student Services on the second floor where campus tours begin. They will be able to give you various materials even though no tours that day.</p>

<p>If that area is closed at that point, walk across to The Ferguson Center, second floor, and there is an info desk there and get campus maps.</p>

<p>In the meantime, we probably can come up with a listing of the order of seeing things on campus for you on Thursday (driving) and on Friday (walking).</p>

<p>**another option…(which may be best!) ** Contact your area rep.<br>
Tell him/her your situation, and ask if the Alumni Office can arrange a tour for you.
[Find</a> Your Counselor - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/staff/]Find”>Find My Recruiter)</p>

<p>Contact the area rep first, then tell us what response you got. I have another option that we can try if your area rep can’t help.</p>

<p>okay thank you so much. I contacted my area rep and hope to here back from here soon. I hope everything works out since I am coming from NJ and it will be first and probably only time on campus. Thanks again</p>

<p>Is anyone attending the Central Ohio Recruitment Reception tomorrow night? </p>

<p>President Witt will be at this reception.</p>

<p>When: October 13, 2011
What Time: 7PM
Where: Hilton - Hilton Columbus/Polaris
8700 Lyra Drive, Columbus, OH
(614) 885-1600 ‎
Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Scholarships
<a href=“mailto:margaret.i.christian@ua.edu”>margaret.i.christian@ua.edu</a><a href=“205”>/email</a> 348-6014</p>

<p>ljv42394: did you have a nice visit?</p>

<p>she sent me a PM and said that she loved Bama and will likely be going.</p>

<p>I made a thread regarding her question about best plane routes between NY/Philly and Bama.</p>