Visiting

<p>I'm visiting VT this weekend (April 8+9)... any suggestions on what is the best, who to talk to to learn the most? Thanks:)</p>

<p>intended major?</p>

<p>You can sign up for a tour here, which I highly, highly suggest: [Visiting</a> Virginia Tech | Undergraduate Admissions | Virginia Tech](<a href=“http://www.admiss.vt.edu/visit/]Visiting”>http://www.admiss.vt.edu/visit/) The folks that give the tours are generally really good and know a lot about the school.</p>

<p>Also, if you know what major you’re interested in you may be able to get in contact with someone in that department, but it’ll be tougher on short notice and on a weekend. Still worth a shot though.</p>

<p>Also make sure to check out downtown. There are a bunch of shops and restaurants right off campus and it is fun to walk around. It’s right next to Squires student center. If you can’t find it don’t hesitate to ask someone; people on campus are pretty helpful.</p>

<p>I suggest you eat at least one meal on campus, at West End. If you eat at two check out D2. Off campus I strongly suggest The Cellar for pasta, PKs for pizza, Rivermill for burgers, Slouvaki’s for greek, and Sycamore Deli if they’re open in their new location yet.</p>

<p>We have to visit during a VT summer break in May; the campus tour and the engineering department presentation are not offered. Any suggestions for what else to do?</p>

<p>@whydoicare-we visited VT for the first time during the summer, after my son finished up with VT soccer camp. I had called the engineering department about a month earlier & set up an appointment so he could talk to someone (I’m sure any department would be the same if you’re not interested in engineering). He talked to Dr. Wolfe (BSE) for almost an hour - she was wonderful. She answered all of his questions & asked him questions as well. Then we just walked around campus. He then went to the engineering open house last March which was a great experience as well. He’ll be attending in the fall in engineering & is so happy. We’re going this weekend to Hokie Focus, not because he hasn’t made up his mind but because he gets to see more of campus again. I hope you enjoy your visit - it’s a beautiful campus!</p>

<p>Thanks for the advice. I know it’s a nice campus, but my son has not been there.</p>