VM vs Trinity in CT vs GW vs American for Neuroscience

Down to final choices- waitlisted at BU and Northeastern- I’m in honors at all of the above and accepted to Neuroscience mostly looking to find my fit. I’m a public school kid, play jazz, am a bit of a gaming nerd but have always had friends from all sorts of groups. Thoughts?

Well maybe not Trinity as it’s smaller - and may be harder to find your people.

UVM - small city - lots of nature.

GW - I’d say no campus - others would say yes - but it’s extremely urban - i.e. very very very urban - we left the tour. It just was off-putting for my daughter. And I guess you can say AU is inbetween. It’s not in the city per se (in the city limits) but it’s a real campus and a few train stops away from the action.

Which fits you best?

How is the cost and does that impact the decision?

If BU was, as an example, your top choice, then GW is a perfectly fine sub.

1 Like

Cost is most certainly a factor. Most money has been Trinity, but not guaranteed for 4 years.

Well if cost is a factor, are either of the other two out of budget ? Easy to eliminate if so.

The one that I’m most familiar with is Trinity college—full disclosure I’m an alum and my S23 applied there as a neuroscience major. We were blown away by the size and excellence of the neuroscience program at Trinity. They have more faculty in neuroscience than at many larger universities and it’s a very active department. I believe you can do a 4-1 and receive a MA in Neuroscience in 5 years. My son found it helpful to check out all the faculty research labs described online and the department Twitter feed: @TrinityNeuro

When he met with a faculty member, the prof mentioned the great proximity to Hartford hospital and other medical facilities that Trinity students have, as well as work going on between Trinity and UConn’s medical school (which is about 10 minutes away).

Sorry, I can’t help with the other schools!

3 Likes

Lay it out: how much debt for each option?

1 Like

Can you please say more about the ‘not guaranteed for 4 years’ for Trinity?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.