Vocal Performance Majors Class of 2027 / 2028

Congratulations :tada:

Congrats on the acceptances!!

We are a little jealous over here - still no word from Any of her schools.

My son got accepted to U of Houston with some academic money. We just auditioned last week so we have not heard anything from the Music department, yet.

4 Likes

My D just got her acceptance from U of Houston as well - she is a grad student so the process might be different but hers was from the music dept. Finally some progress!

2 Likes

Spoke too soon. Just got the acceptance from the Music School so U of H is a full acceptance.

5 Likes

Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Congratulations!!

2 Likes

Congrats!!!

1 Like

Hi!
The info about appeal came from a person that specializes in helping people through the appeal process. It’s what she does every year as part of her job. I’m trusting her because she’s done this a LOT and I never have. I guess time will tell if she is right or not! This process is so tough for us first timers. I feel like I’m always stumbling in the dark.

1 Like

Sure! And you can add an acceptance to Cincinnati Conservatory as well.

3 Likes

Most of what we have heard from were either early submissions or January auditions. Still waiting (and expect to be until late March/early April) for the rest of the list. Trying to focus on all the end of senior year stuff to do so that we don’t go crazy checking email for admission decisions. Not sure it’s working, LOL.

1 Like

My D is away at school. She usually texts me once or twice a day with just something funny, a meme that reminds her of something, etc. for the last couple weeks every time I get a text from her I’m scrambling to check it and it’s never news. Lol. I’ll be glad when this is over and I can just enjoy her random texts again!

3 Likes

mine is waiting audition results for VP grad school - the last school just requested an official transcript and her school only does by snail mail - so waiting another week for that to get there. Hopefully the request for that means something good.

2 Likes

That’s an interesting request - hopefully a good sign. I don’t think my D has received a good requests, or if so she hasn’t shared with me.

1 Like

Ha! She received the request last Monday and mentioned in passing on Saturday - I guess that is the difference in graduate school applicants :slight_smile: (and she goes to a conservatory so grades no issue - guessing this is from the school itself and not the music department)

Oberlin acceptance with a great scholarship today!!!:tada::tada::tada:

6 Likes

Me too everyone she calls I scramble.

1 Like

Well, VP parents… the end is in sight! Eastman says they will release for VP early in the week and Shepherd is Monday- has anyone heard any updates on Peabody, CIM, Curtis or NEC?

1 Like

My daughter got her result from Eastman (waitlisted) yesterday early evening. She’s a grad applicant (soprano)

I saw on the other thread that someone got a result from Curtis this morning (male, VP, undergrad).

Oh boy… thank you for the information!

1 Like