Vocal Performance Majors Class of 2027 / 2028

I know. :grimacing::grimacing:

we are waiting to hear from Indiana - they said soon but no dates

2 Likes

My D is waiting to hear from NEC and word is those results will be out March 30th.

3 Likes

What is IWU?

My daughter (VP/soprano) was accepted to Boston University with 80% covered in scholarships and grants. I think she found her school!

6 Likes

Accepted to Eastman School of Music! VP, Soprano

3 Likes

Congratulations! It’s so nice when they find their school.

2 Likes

My daughter was admitted into some amazing vocal music programs but the price tags are simply not feasible. Waiting for one more aid offer to arrive before she makes her final decision. It’s nerve-wracking :weary:

1 Like

Same. :heart:

For undergrad, everyone wanted my D to go to all these fancy schools, but we definitely knew they were not financially feasible, and we also didn’t feel we could afford the extra expense of having her far away. She applied only to in state schools with one exception - IU, which is only 2 hours away. She ended up going to Miami University (Ohio) which is by no means an elite program, but they offered full tuition. Fast forward 4 years as she is about to graduate. It has met her needs perfectly- including her social/emotional needs, she has had great growth with her voice, it has been everything she has needed. Also, there was a teacher there she knew she wanted to study with, which did help, but that teacher ended up leaving after 2 years and that was a whole tragedy, but it wasn’t, the new teacher has been fantastic and having 2 different teachers over the 4 years has been great.

Just throwing that out there in terms of the high price tags. If they end up having to go the state school with the less elite program but a more reasonable price, that can still work!

6 Likes

Congratulations, @Momeila!

Accepted to Peabody Institute!

2 Likes

This is exactly my son’s situation. Money is tight here so many of the elite top 20 schools for voice were eliminated. My son also wanted more of a college experience versus going to a music only conservatory. He wants a more collaborative music environment where he has many options.

I think it will end up between Syracuse and Baldwin Wallace. I think BW is the better option but I can see why Syracuse would appeal to my son as well.

1 Like

When we were doing our undergrad search I was always told BW was a good place for musical flexibility. I’m sure either would be a great choice l!!

I think BW would have the better opportunities for performances. But Syracuse has the big school spirit feel and good opportunities for study abroad. And while both places get snow, he feels that Syracuse will be more “different” in comparison to Milwaukee than Cleveland.

YES!! That’s fantastic!! She’s killing it!!

Admitted to CIM and NEC!:blush:
And she is finally done…:hugs:
Now to decide!

A bit of a roller coaster: D did not get admitted to NEC, but did get admitted to Indiana/Jacobs. DePaul may have lost track of her application or there was no evaluation of her videos, or perhaps she did not pass prescreens and no one let her know—in response to a query, she was told auditions were over—‘thanks for your interest’. Trying to determine what happened there.

I’m not sure how she feels—I have only had a few texts as we’ve both been busy today.

She loved NEC but it would have been a long shot financially. Overall, she is doing well and is busy at her college. I suggested she get in touch with faculty at Indiana (she had tried before but had not received a response) and anyone who knows the field.

One (retiring) faculty member at NEC reached out to offer to talk about next steps so she may do that. I hope she has a chance to process the info with her teacher, as well.

(All this news was this morning, of course.)

2 Likes

I’m so sorry she had a bad experience with DePaul. How super unfortunate and odd. We have had a really positive experience with the SOM and faculty there.

I hope she has some good options and next steps available to her!

1 Like

My sons voice teacher really wanted him to go to Indiana. Its an amazing school!

1 Like