Voting at Alabama?

<p>I have seen some recent posts about students just turning 18, so I thought I’d ask about voting. I recently had my birthday and am now 18 as well. I was wondering if anyone has any information about how we get set up to vote for the upcoming election in November? I know there are students from out of state and others in state that could find this thread helpful. So if anyone has any information please share!!!</p>

<p>There was a voter registration booth set up outside the Ferg for the least few days and voter registration drives are held periodically throughout the year. Additionally, the SGA (student government) office will provide assistance in registering to vote in either Alabama or the student’s home state.</p>

<p>As a reminder, students are constitutionally allowed to vote in either their home state or the sate in which they attend college/university, which in this case would be Alabama. For example, I vote in my home state as ballots are automatically mailed to whichever mailing address I choose and I feel that I know more about and have more of a say in voting matters in my home state. Alabama won’t have a major election until 2014 as most offices are elected every 4 years, the 4 years coming up in the even-numbered year between presidential elections.</p>

<p>Thanks for starting this post. One reason I was very upset about the fall break move was because son was hoping to do early voting in our state during that time.</p>

<p>Now, I’m waiting for him to renew his PO Box so we can send in his absentee ballot form.</p>

<p>In Louisiana, we went to our Secretary of State website and downloaded a form for him to mail in, with a copy of his ACT card, and checked that he is eligible for absentee voting because of the Higher Education option. </p>

<p>Just waiting to fill in the address once he gets his PO Box so it can be mailed to that address.</p>

<p>I just did a quick search on google and found a website [url=&lt;a href=“http://www.alabamavotes.gov%5DAlabamaVotes.gov%5B/url”&gt;http://www.alabamavotes.gov]AlabamaVotes.gov[/url</a>]
It has a lot of good information for voting in and out of state and a faq section. It also has the forms for voting outside your county in Alabama and absentee voting. If anyone wants more info it would be a good idea to check out this site.</p>