vs. UMich vs. Purdue vs. Rose-Hulman vs. Georgia Tech

<p>I was just wondering if anyone could help/ convince me which school is better. For now, I am going into Electrical Engineering (not 100% sure if ill switch majors or not). Some factors that i am looking at are school prestige, best value, atmosphere, surrounding city, extracurriculars, sport teams, etc.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>The first school is U Illinois- Urbana Champaign.</p>

<p>Best value would be if you are in-state at any one of them. Best value if OOS is Purdue if you have great stats and ACT above 32 you could qualify for the presidents award 10k/year automatically. Best overall education and prestige is U of IL and U of Michigan. Personal preference after visiting all those you mention except Rose…GO BLUE all the way and I am OOS engineering!!!</p>

<p>michigan is our bichigan</p>

<p>You’re comparing 3 tier-1 state flagships to a small, private, undergraduate-oriented Rose-Hulman. They are all fantastic engineering institutions, but as far as broad-based goodness, just in case a high school senior (which never happens) changes his mind, Michigan and Illinois come out on top with strong programs in both business and the raw sciences too. Michigan edges out Illinois barely if cost is not a factor. But I have to say that while Purdue did offer my son the 10K/yr scholarship, Michigan, at a whopping 47K/yr offered my OOS, middle class son just 5.5K in federal loans. So, as has been said, they’re all great schools. Go to the one that will put you in less debt slavery than the others.</p>