VT decisions to be announced March 22nd at 5PM

<p>I got two separate confirmations from folks who have been in touch with the office of undergraduate admissions this week that regular admission decisions for the incoming Fall 2013 class will be announced at 5 PM on March 22nd. Student application accounts should be completely updated and ready to check by 5:30 PM that day. So...the waiting is almost over for aspiring Hokies.</p>

<p>Is this the same with transfer?</p>

<p>And Summer session transfers as well? </p>

<p>…Even if the 5 pm thing doesn’t apply to us transfers, in the past years there have been a bunch of Hokie birds on applications between March 23rd and April 4th. </p>

<p>So some of us won’t have too much longer to wait.</p>

<p>I got in as on Feb 1st for autumn. And my friend got in a few days ago for the summer session II for engineering.</p>

<p>I am not sure if this applies to transfers, summer sessions, honors, engineering, business, etc. I realize many of these “special” categories of people have been notified already. I believe this is just for the “standard”, regular decision applicants for the freshman class entering in August. This should clear out the vast majority of students who are waiting on admissions decisions.</p>

<p>Less than 24 until decisions are posted. Good luck to all RD applicants!</p>

<p>Just got denied by UVA so hopeful for Tech.</p>

<p>Good luck everyone!!</p>

<p>Today feel like -
[The</a> Longest Day (1962) - IMDb](<a href=“http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056197/]The”>The Longest Day (1962) - IMDb)
But hopefully this evening it will be more like
[Real</a> Genius (1985) - IMDb](<a href=“http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089886/]Real”>Real Genius (1985) - IMDb)</p>

<p>Only 25 more minutes until posting!</p>

<p>tick, tock, tick, tock …</p>

<p>I’ve got to tear my DS away from an XBox game if I want to know at 5pm!!!</p>

<p>Would everyone kindly log off the Internet? You are keeping the Tech website offline. Thanks :)</p>

<p>Has anyone been able to get into their application? I finally got in and it hasn’t changed at all - looks just like it did when the Hokie Bird showed up with Financial Aid (such as it was $5,500 loan) and when the Honors Application notice said it was reviewed and scored? What is supposed to be different if you are accepted or not? There is a disclaimer up top that has always said notation of term is not an indication of your acceptance so what exactly is? Nothing new since last month?</p>

<p>Never mind - son was accepted! Had to log in again 10 min later and it showed up with Congratulations in red and asking for a $400 matriculation payment. It also showed College of Engineering, undeclared, general engineeing - sure looks like he was admitted to the Eng program?</p>

<p>Same for me. Only able to get in once at 5:25 PM and my status was the same</p>

<p>Congrats! Freshman accepted to Engineering are placed in General Engineering. After the freshman year, they “apply” to thier specific program. (CE, ME, etc.)</p>

<p>So if it says that i was admitted to my second choice does that mean i didnt get into engineering?</p>

<p>hey is this also for graduate students too? i can’t seem to find out when grad letters will be going out, and i haven’t noticed any changes on my application! thanks!</p>