VT issue

<p>Saw a “report of shots fired” at V. Tech on my Twitter feed from WP. Praying it isn’t serious.</p>

<p>got this over the AP wire here -
Hoping everyone is safe.</p>

<p>RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Virginia Tech says gunshots have been reported on campus, and authorities are seeking a suspect.</p>

<p>The campus-wide alert at 12:36 p.m. said: “Gun shots reported- Coliseum Parking lot. Stay Inside. Secure doors. Emergency personnel responding. Call 911 for help.”</p>

<p>The suspect is described as white male wearing gray sweat pants, gray hat with neon green brim, maroon hoodie and backpack.</p>

<p>A message left with the university wasn’t immediately returned. Campus police referred all questions to the university.</p>

<p>A student gunman killed 32 students and faculty and then shot himself on the campus in 2007.</p>

<p>Reports are 2 killed, unreal. I can’t imagine the campus going through something like this again.</p>

<p>Local news in Raleigh just reported one police officer shot dead and another person not identified killed. Sad!</p>

<p>So unbelievably sad. My coworker just told me they’re reporting that a police officer made a traffic stop and the person he stopped, shot and killed the officer, then took off on foot and shot someone else. </p>

<p>Prayers for all affected.</p>

<p>Campus is currenty locked down and shooter at large. Tragic, sad, and incredible.</p>

<p>Maybe the shooter is long gone. Horrible tragedy.</p>

<p>Oh my… so terrible.</p>

<p>Prayers for all who are affected.</p>

<p>One of our guidance counselors, a VT grad, came into my office at my school and told me what was going on. She wanted to make sure I knew, since one of my former students was killed in the 2007 shootings. The young lady who was killed was a very dear friend to my son, who is at Alabama. I did send my son a quick e-mail about today’s shootings, as he has several friends who are students there – they are also my former students. </p>

<p>Keep VT in your prayers.</p>

<p>Was a scary situation at VT today. We live about an hour from Blacksburg and no need to say my DS has MANY high school friends there. My #1 DS was a freshman at VT and living on campus in 2007. It seems that the victim in the parking lot that was dead is actually the shooter. After he shot the police officer he ran to a lower parking lot on campus and shot himself. The court proceedings of VT appealing the penalties from the 2007 shootings began in DC today. I only hope that had nothing to do with all of this…The police closed a rest area that is very close to Blacksburg and witnesses say a suspicious acting man stop there and changed clothes in the bathroom before the shooting. Really don’t know why this happened at VT again…</p>