VT record freshman class in 2017

At their regular spring/summer meeting, President Sands told the VT Board of Visitors that freshman enrollment is at 7014 for this fall. They were initially projecting 6400.

Guess that puts to rest any debate/discussion about VT yield maybe being low - an emphatic NO on that line of thinking.

A little more on budget, etc here http://www.roanoke.com/news/education/higher_education/virginia_tech/virginia-tech-sets-budget-at-billion-largest-incoming-class-expected/article_76cc7fec-2023-5896-8f35-fbfc20b6ad25.html

Wow. 614 more than expected. Where will everyone live? Will they be tripling up rooms? I hope not.

I know they’ve been offering deals to some non freshman who are living on campus this fall, trying to get them to move off campus instead. They did something similar when they were working on the new Corp of Cadets dorms. But this is a lot of students to fit in. Think if O’Shag wasn’t closed for reno this fall they’d be fine for room.
They’ll lose some freshmen over the summer, but how many?

I would expect that VT will revoke more offers than usual as well due to grades in order to trim the class a bit.