VT regular decision - 2010 thread!

<p>I am just about to apply to VT (my browser is @ the submit page!) Does anyone know if really need to put personal statements on our applications? Merit aid affected? </p>

<p>VT is my third choice school (after UMCP and UMBC), so I would really like to know more about it.</p>

<p>Lastly, please list your stats.</p>

<p>Why not give personal statements? Or one at least. If they are good they can easily help rather than hurt and fill any cracks you may have in the rest of your app. For my stats, see my other posts.<br>
Hope this helps.</p>

<p>I’m an in-state resident, and I applied RD.</p>

<p>I’d rather not list my stats. You can, however, find them in one of my other posts.</p>

<p>Good luck to everyone.</p>

<p>Bump… With the RD deadline having passed (1/15), does anyone have any comments/statements to make? For example, how important is an admission to VT for all of you?</p>

<p>Honestly, Vtech is the lowest ranked school I’m applying to, but I’ll be glad to attend.</p>

<p>Well VT isn’t my first choice…</p>

<p>An admission to Tech is EXTREMELY important to our son. He has received a 4 yr NROTC scholaship to Tech for engineering. Application to the school is separate. He had to apply RD because he is also applying to USNA. If for some reason Tech does not admit him into engineering . . . (gasp) . . . well, I don’t really want to think about that to be honest.</p>

<p>^^^^Best of luck!!!</p>

<p>If your DS does not get into VT, but an apptmt to USNA, then there is something definetly wrong with the admission process.</p>

<p>I agree with you, Bulletandpima. </p>

<p>DS really loves Tech, and we’d be thrilled to see him attend! If he gets appt to USNA too, well, then he has some thinkin’ to do, and the answers are not as clear as some might think. We’re taking it one day at a time . . . .</p>

<p>It seems like yesterday when our house was filled with all of the excitement, nervousness, and apprehension you all are experiencing. Best of luck to all who are waiting to find out about their applications! Everything will work out for these kids one way or another. But hopefully we’ll soon be hearing from a new batch of Hokies! How great is that? :)</p>