VT vs Penn State Regional Campus

<p>My daughter is going to major in Biology. With the pretty late application, she's got admitted into one of the regional campuses of Penn State. We visited the campus and we were rather impressed and like the idea of starting at a smaller setting with more 1-1 time with faculty before moving on to Main Campus after 2 years at the regional. She is also admitted into VT. </p>

<p>Which college will be a better choice for her and why? She is currently thinking of going into medical school after graduation but who knows what will happen in 4 years. </p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>VT would be the better all-around experience unless she REALLY needs small classes</p>

<p>Thanks, Mephist0! She is also accepted into a smaller private college that is known for excellent rate of getting kids into med schools. Will that be a better choice over VT?</p>

<p>I would go with VT over a penn state branch campus.</p>

<p>Even Penn state main campus (college station?) is not a clear choice over VT - isnt it?</p>

<p>It is Penn State University Park and it is located in State College. It depends on what you consider a "clear choice". Penn State UP is ranked higher as an overall institution, but there are many factors that would go into a decision. I am sure that in-state cost for VT would make it not a clear choice for VA residents. You are right, though, as VT has a good reputation, so it would definitely not be an immediate one over the other decision.</p>

<p>VT... great experience all around and I have several friends who were accepted into top med schools.</p>