VT Waitlist & Financial Aid?

<p>I was put on the waitlist RD for fall of 09. However I recently recieved an email with a Financial Aid package. I got confused so I checked my application status again and there was no longer a "waitlist" box or anything on my app status.</p>

<p>...Does this mean anything? It doesn't mean I got picked off the waitlist did it?</p>

<p>call them bro</p>

<p>I got in :D</p>

<p>Really? That's fantastic! That made me curious so I checked my son's app status page - his waitlist info has been removed and there is no actual decision given (not even the deferred to RD). Wonder if that has happened to others on the waitlist...</p>

<p>One of my closest friends who applied into the engineering program just got accepted last night and he was on the wait list forever. Thank goodness they are letting some people in. :)</p>

<p>Do you mind share your stats? How did you find out? (email)</p>

<p>The first clue was an email telling me about my financial aid.
Then I got an actual package in the mail a few days later.</p>

<p>My stats are actually low based on the average VT student.</p>

<p>My UW 3.03 & W is 3.48
& I sent them my midyear report with my literally failing math grade, which is why im shocked I got in.</p>

<p>I do come from a top ranked national high school though & I took a hella lot of tech classes which were how I got all my A's if any. :P</p>

<p>I'm estatic to have been chosen off the waitlist however the FA they gave me was dissapointing to say the least. I really want to attend however, due to financial reasons I most likely will not be able to.</p>

<p>Thanks. Good luck with your decision.</p>

<p>My son just got accepted off the wait list via snail mail today. He had applied for Biology, but was accepted into University Studies. I don't know if he will care about that part, but Va Tech was his first choice all along. I can't wait til he gets home from school. <em>I can read the letter through the envelope in case you are wondering!!!</em></p>

<p>Stats for those wondering: 1270/1600, 1850/2400, GPA 3.2</p>

<p>Zimmer, congratulations!! I'm so excited for your son (and you!). My S will be a freshman there in the fall, too, with SATS very similar, but he applied early decision out of state, and his sister graduated from there in 2007. He'll be in engineering, though.</p>

<p>Thanks Tired - he also applied ED, was deferred then waitlisted. His older brother is a rising junior in Engineering. We are so thrilled. I do need to calm down before he gets home, because it is his decision and we will support him whatever he decides. </p>

<p>Imagine me using all the mental mind powers I have to silently send him the message - "accept, say yes!" haha</p>

<p>Zimmer, Your post made my day! I have been following your VT posts for awhile now (due to your older son) and I was disappointed when your youngest was WListed. I think it is great that your guys want to be at the same school! So happy for all in Zimmerdom! :)</p>

<p>Any news, Zimmer???</p>

<p>Zimmer congrats man, I remember we used to talk- I remember him getting wait-listed. Awesome!!!</p>

<p>WOOHOO! We are a Hokie family!! </p>

<p>Darn that kid, he said he was 100% sure since this afternoon, but he wanted us to think that he was really giving it some thought!</p>

<p>Hooray!! That's great, Zimmer. Too funny (?) about him making you wait for his decision. See you in Blacksburg!</p>

<p>Wow! Congrats Zimmer and Zimmer son!</p>

<p>Thanks for the support, guys! </p>

<p>Hopefully there will be others taken off the wait list that wanted VaTech as much as S did.</p>

<p>i havent heard anything yet and i dont have my login info for the page to check.</p>

<p>I don’t think you’ll find out through the application status page anyway; you may still have your login info in an email sent from VT way back in late winter/early spring. My son’s page hasn’t changed at all, even though he is now registered and whatnot. I recommend either emailing or calling the admissions office. I wonder how many they will take off the waitlist after all is said and done.</p>