Vtech acceptance

I have a 3.29 gpa and I’m applying to Vtech for fall 2018. I’m currently taking 13 credits at NVCC and this is my last semester. So far I’m doing very well in my courses. I’m just a bit worried because I’m trying to apply through their guaranteed admissions agreement but their GPA requirement is a 3.4. I’m applying as a History major, so I think I may have a solid chance of getting in. The reason why my GPA is low is because I didn’t try hard with my Duel Enrollment courses in high school, and I took over 18 credits of them (which I passed with A’s, B’s and C’s). However, in college I did relatively well and Aced all of my history courses. If anyone could tell me what my chances are, I would greatly appreciate it.

Well, just my gut tells me that since you are applying to History and apparently your more recent NVCC grades are high, then you are probably in a good position. A big variable is how many people are actually applying to that program vs how many spaces they have, which no one can really say. Best of luck!

I guess I would re-read the agreement and call them to see if the 3.29 is a problem. If they have a line drawn in the sand at 3.4, then you may have a problem.

I called and they said that I may not be elidible for guaranteed admissions, but in that case they would still see me as a competitive applicant, and they do ask for midsemester reports, along with final reports after admittance. So I’m crossing my fingers that they are lenient w me.

@vtechss Get them what they need and best of luck ! This time of year is so stressful for students.

What exactly is the mid-semester report? Is it informal and we send them the current grades, is an available form that we go around and get signed by the teaching staff, a screen shot of our current grades from our school account, or something else?

For seniors in HS, it’s your first semester final grades. You send them through your guidance counselor just like you did your transcript. For those trying to transfer, it would be your report card for the first semester of the year. That’s what it sounds like to me.

@lastone03 Thanks for the reply. For transfers our deadline was 15 Feb (then 1 Mar) so they already had our 1st semester grades (in December). Our next “official” grades are in May (for a traditional semester), so mid-semester grading isn’t really an official thing (although I’ve heard they will send a mid-semester grade report to a student that is close to failing). So I’m still unsure sure how to report mid-semester grades for transfers. @vtechss, or anyone? I guess I shouldn’t worry about this until after they ask but want to be prepared if they do…

I emailed them again about how I should send them the mid-semester reports and they told me it was optional. Also they will evaluate your college transcript, which includes your first semester of this year, so it’s not necessary.

Also do you guys know when transfer students will be notified of admittance or not?

Anyone hear anything yet?

I got in!