VTech Engineering Transfer Chances?

I’m a sophomore at NYU with 48 credits completed so far and a GPA of 3.31.
I will be instate for VTech.
I am a chemical engineering major so will be applying for their general engineering program.
I don’t know if I need to turn in my SAT scores but if they will help, let me know if I should send them. (2030/2400), 760/800 MATH 2 subject test, 710/800 Chemistry Subject Test.

transferring is straight forward. check the transfer guide to see if your coursework is in line to what they recommend. if so, with Bs or better in those classes its pretty much a done deal. http://www.tranguide.registrar.vt.edu/

Yeah, I’ve taken all of the required and recommended courses and other than one C+ in physics, I’ve had A’s and B’s. I heard that transferring into the college of engineering is getting more competitive which is why I wasn’t sure about my chances.

if you got the course work its a done deal.

The requirements for transferring into engineering from another major within VT are in the process of being changed/tightened just now. It’s not clear yet how much impact that will have. Not sure how much, if any, impact that will have on transfers from outside VT. Think that most engineering transfers from outside come from the CC system after 2 years or one year at a 4 year school. Your best bet is to use the Transfer Equivalency Guide on the VT website to get a look at where you might stand. Then call the school of E and talk to them

I thought I read on the VT website that starting Fall 2017, transfer students can’t transfer to General Engineering,t hey have to get accepted into a specific major. Not sure if that is accurate but might want to check.

When I was filling out my application, General Engineering was the only major I could select. And under General engineering, all the majors were shown but I couldn’t select them.

Very interesting, but not a bad thing. Good luck!