VTech or PITT

<p>I'm majoring in computer science, and was accepted at both Virginia Tech and University of Pittsburgh. What do you guys think?</p>

<p>Personally I think there's no comparison. Go to Virginia Tech. Their computer science is much more widely known & respected. It has been established as such for a longer time. I'm sure Pitt has a good program as well, & it is one of our state schools so I'm pretty familiar with it. Also, with the atmospheres at these schools is almost opposite. I'm surprised that you are having trouble deciding.</p>

<p>Wow...Is this guy kidding? VT's Engineering/CS department is WAY better than Pitt's. My roomate is from the Pittsburgh area and received a full scholarship to Pitt for Engineering. He decided to come to VT with little financial aid at all. The rankings(though they are bs) show that VT Engineering is top tier. If you havent already, you should come to VT and to check out our facilities, campus and even try to meet and talk to some CS professors. Im sure your ambiguity will clear.</p>

<p>personally, i'v never heard anything outstanding about any of PITT's departments.</p>

<p>pitt has numerous outstanding departments. Pitt is harder to get into also. If you live in Pitt, I would definitely go there. Even if you live in virginia, I would probably go to PItt. good luck</p>

<p>For Computer science???? VT is DEF way better. there is no comparison, it will be tough to get ppl to agree with u on that claim chloe...</p>

<p>Thanks guys. I went to the senior focus on Saturday, and decided to go to Vtech. See ya next year!</p>

<p>smart decision :)</p>