VTech vs. Other Schools

<p>Hello everyone. I've gotten into Vtech, RIT, Clemson, and Purdue. So far I think I'm debating between VTech and Clemson. I've visited Clemson and loved it, but VTech seems to have a "higher ranked" engineering program (whatever those numbers mean in USNews). Any advice?</p>

<p>If I were you, I'd ignore the rankings and pick based on personal preference and cost. If you like VT more, and it's reasonably affordable for you, then go there. The differences academically between VT and Clemson aren't big enough for making a decision one way or the other (especially at the undergrad level.)</p>

<p>What about VT and George Mason? Is it that big of a difference?</p>

<p>hahahahahahahaha....wow.</p>

<p>I have a son graduating in biomedical engineering this year and I asked for his opinion which matched mine. If you want to do engineering then go to the best program you can. Virginia Tech is definately the best out of the group.</p>

<p>Definitely the best? I'm not sure about Clemson or RIT, but I know that Purdue is seen as being better at engineering that Virginia Tech...</p>

<p>...not that it really matters though. If the OP like VaTech the best, he/she should go there. Especially if one wants to go to graduate school, performance and research experience matter more than the actual school attended (unless the school is one of a select few - MIT, caltech, stanford, pretty much.) At least, this is what I've heard from engineers in my family.</p>

<p>I personally got into both Purdue and Virginia Tech and it wasn't even close. The atmosphere, the academics, and the people at Virginia Tech make the decision pretty easy, at least for me. Both programs are very reputable in engineering, but Purdue lacks the social aspect and general good-natured attitude of the Virginia Tech campus from what I have seen. If you're going to be an engineer, Clemson should not even be on your list if you got into VT.</p>

<p>Why shouldn't clemson "even be on my list"? It has a reputable engineering program?</p>

<p>VT is known for engineering. I'm an econ major, but I opted to take the higher engineering math track based on the reputation VT has established for engineering. If you're serious about engineering, be prepared to work hard (half of my floor is engineers) but also be prepared for great opprotunities (I know tons of people who got summer internships/work based on their goals of a VT engineering degree)... but in the end, make the decesion for YOU</p>