w

<p>Hi there! Im a mom whose daughter is undecided between Wellesley, USC, and Berkeley. She’s aware that I’m writing this as as she’s swamped with homework. We live in So. Califorina. Her debt at the end of her 4 years will be pretty much the same for all 3 schools. She is interested in Global Policy, International Relations, or Econ/Poly Sci To help her out a little I thought Id give you an isight of her pros and cons to all 3 schools.</p>

<p>Wellesley–She was set on Wellesley even before Spring Open Campus…she feels she would receive the best education with endless opportunities. She likes the fact that classes are relatively small and that she’ll have easy access to professors. But…she doesnt feel that she have the full college experience (all girl school) and has this idea that the majority of the girls at Wellesley are Type A personalities and wont be open to a having a little fun!! Also, Boston is on the other side of the map.</p>

<p>U.C. Berkeley–She liked the diversity at Berkeley and feels she would fit right in (she’s latin,friendly, humble, outgoing, with a touch of an indie style). Berkeley is a great school (2nd best in World for Public Schools and 22nd best Nationally in US News) and is 4.5 hrs away from home…but classes are overcrowed and feels she’ll fall in the cracks. From what I hear lots of parties here!</p>

<p>USC–Divesity yes…maybe not as much as Berkeley. Offers many options and has one of the strongest alumnis in the US. Since USC is a private school, classes are smaller than Berkeley (average 30 per class). US News ranked this school Nationally at 25. She feels USC is too focused on sports but is do-able as it is 2 hrs away from home. </p>

<p>Thank you all for reading this and giving us some insight. Your help is greatly appreciated! I will be posting this on the other two threads.</p>

<p>Maybe you were just overgeneralizing or your daughter won a scholarship, but USC is much more expensive than the UCs. Did you visit all 3 campuses? Boston is a very different environment. And Wellesley with it's strong all-women roots will be not at all like CA. For my daughter, the choice would be tight, because neither USC or Berkeley had campuses that impressed us, even tho they have stellar reps. Good luck!</p>

<p>maybe she got same aid from usc-_-</p>

<p>10 chars

[quote]
Her debt at the end of her 4 years will be pretty much the same for all 3 schools.

[/quote]
10 chars</p>

<p>USC is offering her a scholarship along with the Cal Grant. Overall Wellesley's fin aid package is the most attractive. Wellesley has one of the most beautiful campuses in the U.S.(Mona Lisa Smile). My daughter has decided to go to Wellesley based on the academic support and small class sizes. Although she is not 100%, her gut tells her its Wellesley. ;0)</p>