Wait, do I need to apply to STEM to MBA freshman year?

STEM to MBA is a program I have been considering taking, but based on something on UA’s website, I thought I would start taking MBA classes junior year -
“Students will apply for entrance into the MBA program near the end of the fall semester of their junior year. Upon entrance to the program, they will begin taking online MBA classes the summer after their junior year. These three summer MBA courses are taught online, to allow students to also engage in internships, co-ops, and study abroad opportunities.”
This would give me time to decide if I want to be part of the program or not. However, I realized that the above might only apply to graduate-level classes. Do I have to apply to STEM to MBA freshman year, or later?

The STEM to MBA program begins freshman year when students take a 1.5 credit course each semester with other participants to prepare for the graduate courses.

Apply now. D applied at midnight one day and by noon (12 hours later) had her acceptance. It was a very efficient process.

Yes, you need to apply NOW, as in very soon. You can’t get in later (after your freshman year starts). You can always drop the program later on if you don’t enjoy the first semester class or you just decide it’s not for you.

Apply now. My son was on the fence 2 years ago. It is worth giving it a try. The 1.5 credit classes also count as Honors classes. I recommend you apply and give it at least 2-3 semesters. You need Honors credits anyway if you plan to be part of the Honors College (which all those eligible for STEM MBA should be part of, even if only for early registration). Frankly, the networking opportunities alone are worth applying for the program.

Thanks, I applied, hopefully on the right page (http://mycba.ua.edu/stemapp). I’m in CBH, so I think the combination of research, engineering, and business could be pretty killer. I’m interested in entrepreneurship so I think STEM to MBA would be a good choice for me… plus, I get more Honors credits! :-c

What are the classes called? I’m trying to map my schedule

^ same, I haven’t been able to find them in the system yet.
You guys were right about the acceptance speed though - I got mine less than 24 hours after I applied.

DS first class was GBA 171.