Wait list not working?

<p>I know they have returning students locked out of the system on the 2nd day of a BB until after the session is over. But it looks like they are locking us out of the wait lists for some of these 100 level classes (sciences, history etc etc) as well, even after registration opens back up again. lil bro tried to get on the waitlist for 2 different history classes that had 10 out of 10 waitlist spots open. But the “action” dropdown menu never appeared on the error message screen.</p>

<p>They are apparently also taking back the unused seats they open for a BB session. For instance there were 65 total seats in a GY - 102 class lil bro wanted to switch into. At 12:05 there were 6 openings. By 12:15 when he was allowed back in the system they took back the 6 available seats and closed the class at 59.</p>

<p>Is this something new they’re doing this year or has it always been like this for returning students? I can understand locking returning kids out of the system to allow the incoming kids to get the classes they want during their BB session. But taking the seats back afterwards really prevents the returning kids from tweaking their schedules, especially in regards to core requirement classes.</p>

<p>During the college visit/advising portion of our son’s BB, the speaker stated that everyone, including returning students, was essentially locked out of the system until the end of June except during the BB session.</p>

<p>Also, during the registration portion of BB, our son attempted to use the waitlist but the system wouldn’t let him.</p>

<p>It sounds like the school had to do this because otherwise they didn’t have enough 100 level courses during future BBs.</p>

<p>I’m not sure how level-loaded the BBs are. I imagine that some have been “sold out” …and some have had openings.</p>

<p>Not sure where to put this so here’s as good as any. I’m sure it’s a rarity but you’all might want to recheck your schedules. A course DS signed up for with a specific teacher he wanted is now listed instructor TBA. Bummer!
Have they ever cancelled a full class for lack of an instructor?</p>

<p>Did you do a search of that prof and see if he’s listed for any other classes? Sometimes a prof leaves and they list TBA until a replacement prof is found/hired.</p>

<p>Last semester lil bro was scheduled to take LGS - 200 with Judge Malone who everyone raved about. Well a month before classes Judge Malone was appointed Chief of Staff for Gov elect Bentley and had to withdraw from teaching. It all worked out as he ended up with a nice lawyer from B’ham teaching his class.</p>