Wait-list

<p>Can anyone explain to me how the wait-list works? If a student is number 4 on the wait-list, is that student added automatically to the class if 4 people drop out of the class? What are the chances of getting into a UH class if you are number 3 or 4 on the wait- list? Thanks!</p>

<p>There is an old thread on here that I started and had much feedback on it about the process - try to find it. Basically, tho, do NOT attempt to get off the waitlist and get back on, even if you see spots open - they do some sort of ‘batch’ assigning each night, and those on the wait list will automatically get into any available spots. The likelihood of getting into the class depends on how many seats there are. If it is a 15 seater, and you’re #4, I’d wait a bit, but be prepared to pick something else. If it’s a 25 seater, you have a better chance of more people dropping out and moving you up the queue. If it’s Photography, faggiddabodit. It is early days, tho…I would wait as long as poss if you really want the class and you’re wait-listed. You have all summer. If being on the waitlist is preventing you from registering for something else, tho, taught at the same time, you have to weigh that up.</p>

<p>I found the other thread. Thanks aeromom!</p>