Wait listed at cal poly

I was just accepted to biological sciences off the wait list! I am in state and local. Its interesting that they have accepted people off the wait list before May 1st. Congrats to everyone who gets in!

what was your gpa

what was your gpa

Have admitted students’ portals changed as well or did they only receive an email?

Son received acceptance from waitlist today for computer science. He has until May 10 to decide. Already Sent SIR to UCI. We’ll see if I can convince him to go take a look.

Congrats to your son, @CopperlineX2! We are still praying for that magic email to arrive!

S got accepted into econ today. Already SIR to UCSB. Not sure what he is going to do, didn’t expect it

I wouldn’t turn down UCSB econ for Cal Poly.

@SC Anteater - could you please give us your reasoning? We don’t know what to do. At Cal Poly he is guaranteed the econ major, where at UCSB it’s pre-econ, and there is only a 30% chance to actually get accepted into econ, and he won’t know for a year or longer.

Well, that does change things. I didn’t know about the pre-econ condition. I just know econ is very highly regarded there. Howver, I’d hate the uncertainty in not knowing if you will actually get what you want! Bird in the hand and all that.

I have one going to each school so I like both.

Son got in off the wait list yesterday, Mechanical Engineering.

@BGA808 Congrats to your son, is he in-state or out of state? My son is still waiting for ME in-state…

@BayAreaMom15 Thanks. Out of state. Good luck to your son I hope he gets word soon.

Thank you @bga808!

Can it be confirmed or denied that waitlist acceptances are over? I am on the waitlist for business and because so many others have gotten off but I haven’t heard back yet I’m losing hope.

My son got accepted out of the waitlist today. He checked his portal last night around 11pm PST,
and there was no update. He received an acceptance e-mail today at 4:50pm. So,his portal was
updated between 11pm yesterday and 4:50pm today.

Economics major, In state
ACT 29(Math 35)
SAT Math 2 760
GPA 4.1

He is also waitlisted by UCI,UCSB,and UCD.

Does this mean acceptances off the waitlist are over??

Daughter accepted off the waitlist yesterday.
in-state
child development
act 31
4.1 gpa
sticking with SDSU

Any waitlisted transfer students on here?

Has anyone that’s on the waitlist heard back from journalism yet?