Wait listed at cal poly

I’m a transfer student on the waitlist

I’m thinking if the first week of the acceptance period has gone by, and they’ve only notified a few people, things don’t look too good for the rest of us. If they were to accept a lot of people, wouldn’t they do it all at once/over a few days so applicants have time to respond and admissions can admit other waves later?

IDK but I think we should try to move on

It seems there were quite a few students offered acceptance from the waitlist before May 1 (based on this blog and word of mouth from my son’s school). I’m not holding out too much hope either. But, I don’t know how Cal Poly can close their waitlist by May 15 when many of the UCs have not started pulling of their waitlists???

Can someone call them and ask if theyre done sending out acceptances?

I would but Ive called them like 5 times already haha

I assume everyone’s portal (who is still on the waitlist) still says this: You have been placed on the waitlist at Cal Poly for fall. You will be emailed a survey confirming if you would like to remain on the waitlist or no longer be considered for admission to Cal Poly. Once you receive email, respond promptly to the survey.

@bugabug DS’ portal says the same. He called a few weeks ago to confirm he’d been added to the list.

Have you received the official denials if you weren’t offered admission yet?

Son received a denial on his portal today. Did not receive an email.

received an email- rejection

Son received rejection email tonight as well, such a frustration application process this year…

Saw these latest posts and checked DS’s email. Also received a rejection email this evening.

D received her denial by email last night. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Wow! Anyone see the article about CPSLO turning away over 10,000 4.0 applicants?

Thank you, @biscuit4reggie for the info. Here’s the article: http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/education/article211776744.html

My son was one of the statistics, 4.0 UW GPA, SAT 1460, mechanical engineering, born and raised in the Bay Area. Very discouraging.

@BayAreaMom15 - We are Bay area too. The engineering majors are impossible! My son was waitlisted for business with 3.92 W, 32 ACT, 6 AP’s great scores, etc. I’d guessed he was pretty high up on the waitlist but after reading the article, he was probably closer to the bottom, lol.

@biscuit4reggie Sounds like business majors are impacted too, your son sounds like he was more than qualified. I hope he had some offers outside of the CA system. My son actually was offered early acceptance at Univ of Illinois Urbana and CU Boulder, but decided on Univ of Washington. I am so glad he applied out of state, but sad that I know many long time resident families (born and raised) who are having their children go out of state, and then moving away with them. The community here in the area is eroding, no thanks to the UC/Cal State systems!

@BayAreaMom15 Congrats on UW! DS was rejected there too. We have family there and it’s a great city. He fell in love with SDSU on a tour and fortunately was early december admit then accepted to weber honors program so happy camper.