Wait-Listed for Lot 30 Parking???

<p>My S is living in the Honors dorm this fall and was just wait-listed for his parking option. We ordered his pass within hours of when it opened so we are little unsure why he was wait-listed. He got the last "guaranteed" option which is a long way from his dorm. His current wait-list position is in the 40's, how likely is he to get a spot.</p>

<p>Parking permits are not assigned by date of application, they have an application window then use criteria to determine who gets the permits in each lot by priority within that list. <a href=“Permit & Registration Frequently Asked Questions”>Error;
My oldest had Northside dorms, but never made it to the top of the wait list. It isn’t as big a deal as we thought it might be, she was in that garage too. There is a drop area right by the honors dorm, it all works out fine. </p>

<p>Did you try for the Northside garage and not get that either? That’s where my D parked her freshman year when she lived in the Honors dorm. I’m pretty sure they give upperclassmen first choice on parking, so that’s why that lot got filled up. Also, a bunch of lot 30 has been under construction. There might not be as many spots available as usual.</p>

<p>The West Campus Garage was his guaranteed option and is what he got. We parked in this garage during his NSC and it seemed quite far. Agmomx2 you mentioned that there is a “drop area” right next to the dorm. What does that mean?</p>

<p>Did you select more than one option for parking? More than lot 30? I think it allowed 6 choices prior to the guaranteed spot. We filled in 4 of the options that we would rather have than the West garage. </p>

<p>Maybe you can get wait listed for north or south garages. North is definitely closer. South and West are probably similar. </p>

<p>There use to be 3 or 4 short term parking slots right by Haas Hall (the one across from the honors dorm) that you could use for say 10min. - enough time to unload your car- then drive over to WCG to park. So you weren’t hauling everything cross campus. She also had WCG, although she filled in all her parking requests back then as well. There are just more people with cars than spots near the dorms, so someone gets WCG. It’s great on game day though!!</p>