Wait whaaaatt?

<p>Uncapped Grade Point Average (GPA)
One of the most important criterion considered is the uncapped GPA, including a maximum of 8 UC-approved Honors, Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), or UC transferable college courses based upon the applicant’s self-reported academic history.</p>

<p>this is from the uc san diego website… and umm i thought it was eight semesters. wiat
whattt??? how do they do this. do they cap it at eight AP classes, or eight SEMESTERS… because for three years i have been calculating with only eight semesters…which are four AP classes.</p>

<p>is it just UCSD that looks at the uncapped gpa? do other UC's do it differently? because if the uncapped gpa is what UC's look at, what is the whole point of the UC gpa...</p>

<p>The UC GPA is used in determining Minimum Eligibility for the University of California system. Each campus does have its own rules and policies regarding how to select students.</p>

<p>The University policy is that students can take 4 year long courses or 8 semesters courses of UC approved honors credit</p>

<p>oh! so the uc gpa is used in determining the minimum eligibility, and within the different schools are different methods of selecting students such as the aforementioned example. i see. =D thank you!</p>

<p>Cal and LA use an uncapped system, fyi </p>

<p>(special cases)</p>