Waiting for March?

<p>I am just curious what people are doing as we wait for decisions! Personally, I am trying to not stress and not let senioritis get to me.</p>

<p>I’m watching YouTube vids for UCSB and a few of the other UCs…probably the most unhealthy way to spend this time heh</p>

<p>haha, I did the same earlier for UCSD, but I got worried I would become to attached!</p>

<p>This has to be the absolute most painful wait ever…I hope once school starts in a few weeks, time will fly. It’s such an odd feeling.</p>

<p>During the week at school, time flies but the weekends are surprisingly getting dreadfully longer :(</p>

<p>I’m going to start a game on my blog in late January to help people pass the time … Here’s a sneak preview of the first installment:</p>

<p>If you had a glowing recommendation letter from Dr. Curt Connors, like Gwen Stacy did (The Amazing Spider-Man, 2012), would you use it when applying to college after Dr. Connors tried to turn everyone in New York into lizards? Why or why not?</p>

<p>YAY! I love this game! I will definitely keep up with it on the blog.
Personally, I would not use the letter. I think that I would instead write about Dr. Connors and what I learned from him (i.e., do not try to turn people into giant lizards, it will end badly) for an essay. If my recommendation from him was based on his reputation, I wouldn’t want his actions to influence my college admission decision.</p>

<p>Oooh, life-threatening experience (hardship) and lesson well learned! Colleges will trip all over themselves admitting you! :)</p>

<p>The wait is what kills you. I’m sure every applicant asks themselves, “What if I don’t get accepted to any of the schools I applied :X.” It’s a pretty stressful situation. Personally, I get caught up in what I’m doing in real life and end up forgetting about it. However, every now and then I remember. I stress out for a couple of days and then forget again. This usually happens once a month. Fortunately there’s only one more month to wait until March.</p>

<p>Yoga helps … although personally I pick rock climbing, aerial silk, or flying trapeze over that.</p>

<p>1 month 5 days for UCSB.</p>

<p>OperationIvy: I agree, I do the same thing! What is wierd is that as the deadline gets closer, I feel a bit calmer. Like regardless of the decision at least I will know. Maybe I will just freak out and panic the day before :)</p>

<p>AskMsSun: flying trapeze made me smile :slight_smile: if I was good at that I would skip college and just join the circus</p>

<p>@luckie1367, I’m not good enough to join the circus … had to go to college and everything! :p</p>

<p>@luckie I feel weirdly calm as well! </p>

<p>Sent from my SGH-T589 using CC</p>

<p>Now it is March! Good luck to everyone! I hope you get your top choice! :)</p>

<p>I found this on the College Admission thread and thought it might be useful to some :slight_smile:
(I have no idea how reliable these are, I just copied and pasted)
feel free to add/change as needed!</p>

<p>UCLA: March 23
UC Berkeley: March 28
UC Santa Barbara: by March 19
UC Riverside: Feb 1st-March 31st
Other UC’s: March 1- March 31</p>

<p>UCSC: March 15</p>

<p>UCI should be out - no? (D got notified early Feb)
Regent Scholarships are also trickling out.
(at least from Cal and UCSB)
My understanding is that the Regent Scholarship is not an official admittance - but it is close to being one?</p>

<p>Good luck…</p>

<p>By the way, for this year, Cal’s Regent scholarship is a miserly $1K a year. On the other hand, UCSB’s is $6K.</p>

<p>UCLA: March 22
UCSD: March 16
UC Berkeley: March 28
UC Santa Barbara: by March 19
UC Riverside: Feb 1st-March 31st
UCSC: March 15
Other UC’s: March 1- March 31</p>