Waiting List

<p>so... they are taking students that will probably attend for sure?</p>

<p>Cilia, i think what Kcalli is trying to say is that the applicant pool that applied to UM this year is extremely ambitous. aside from applying to Um they are applying to many other top schools such as i dunno ( Brown, Duke and others) therefore they do not know for sure who will actually attend or not. Since the amount of waiting list kids is small, they are going to admit most of them. Im sure u are admitted hence the email. However u will probably have to do some summer work at UMiami or something cause they mentioned an "option". But be happy :) cause ur more than likely in.</p>

<p>Guessing is not productive, let's not make assumptions and give people false ideas. Until Cilia receives info directly from UM, she (and we ;)) will not know what her options are, but I'm sure it's great to know there will be options. Hang in there, you should have your answers soon. </p>

<p>Acarta-Kcalli was the one who started the thread and asked when she might hear about the waitlist. My response was appropriate. By the way, most kids do not send in enrollment deposits until the last week in April, hence schools are usually unable to open waitlist spots until May and June. Trying to help people is great, and your enthusiasm about UM is very evident, but let's try to stick to facts. :) We don't want anyone to miss out on any other opportunities because we have led them to believe they will hear before May 1st. This site is a great source of information, but everyone should be sure that the admissions info pertaining to them is confirmed by UM.</p>

<p>You all sound like great kids that UM would be lucky to get.</p>

<p>thanks vererybody for all your help... wish me luck... !!!. ill for sure let u know whats my "deal" lol.... but i wanted to ask.. if i got in after being waitlisted... does this means that i will not get any financial help? i really cant afford the 45k...</p>

<p>thanks everybody for your help and advice... i'll for sure tell u the great "deal" they have for me... but this means that bcause i was waitlisted i will not get any financial help??</p>

<p>Yes u should get Federal Aid. However im almost sure u wont get merit scholarships. in the worst case, the student loans are really good (3% interest rates and monthly payments of like 600 dollars.)</p>

<p>ohh thnx...</p>

<p>i cant wait anymore.. i need to know noww! lol..... i hope the decision is goood... i love UM.. i really want to go there...</p>

<p>I got waitlisted too. Apparently they accepted 2,000 and waitlisted 1,000, and rejected 17,000; that is the information I recieved from a friend who works in the admissions office. </p>

<p>I was actually suprised that they waitlisted me, I have a couple friends with much higher grades and qualifications than me who were rejected.</p>

<p>I'm starting to wonder what these schools are really looking for...</p>

<p>Wow, very surprising stats diva!
How certain is ur friend? cuz u know that means they only accepted 10% which would put Miami as one of the most selective schools in the whole U.S thats extremely hard to believe. I doubt they rejected 17,000, mayby 10000 would be more accurate.</p>

<p>My acceptance letter told me this was the most selective year in UM history however i dont think that means they had Harvard acceptance rates :D
Eitherway, if that is the case, I think they are thinking wayyy tooooo much of themselves cuz they are definately not Harvard. I could compare UM to USC or UCLA in competetiveness, but not 10% acceptance rates like Harvard.</p>

<p>Those stats are inaccurate as the incoming class has about 2000 students.</p>

<p>well, UM could whip harvard in football any day :D</p>

<p>Yea well after seeing how tough UF was this year, mayby UM followed suit and raised the bar even more than what it already is. UM has been quite hard to get into for the past 5 years and every year has been more and more difficult. the letter i got this year, stated they had record number of applications and historically the most talented class. I cant wait to see the new stats for this year :D</p>