Waiting on review admittance

My daughter was just accepted into Auburn and LSU. All apps were done by 9/18/18. Anyone know if that means
she has a good chance getting into TAMU? Ive heard they have very similar criteria. How much does a legacy help for Aggie applicants?
Thanks for any info on my recklessly random questions.
TMImomof2

There is a thread tracking admissions - and you can see class rank/test scores to see where your daughter falls. It’s called TAMU CLASS 2023 - Admission Decisions.

My daughter is a review admit waiting too. She has been accepted to UT at Dallas, SCAD, and SHSU (She would get into UH and TTU too - but they don’t have the program she wants so she did not apply).

Legacy does not help at all. When TAMU elected to not do affirmative action to increase minority enrollment - they did away with the legacy factor. Because, historically, TAMU was overwhelmingly white and all male.

Here is a really good article on how TAMU increased diversity without using affirmation action. https://www.texastribune.org/2016/06/19/m-student-diversity-increasing-without-affirmative/

@TMImomof2 As Bluebayouaz said, legacy isn’t a thing any more.
What are your daughter’s stats? Also, LSU way easier to get into than TAMU. Not sure about Auburn.

She’s at a Honor Military College Prep school that is a feeder for TAMU. A large amount of students go there. They do not rank students. She has a 3.5 gpa . SAT 1210 ACT 25. She is going into Ag business and may also continue into the corps as she is now. She is doing a sleep over with the corps next month. She was actually born in Bryan/College Station as her Dad was still at university doing post grad research before medical school.
I know we are on the edge. Hoping they consider everything.

@TMImomof2 I really would hope that an interest in the Corps would push her over the edge. My daughter checked no interest in the Corps on her apply Texas university specific questions (all other applications are to arts schools - she has nothing against the Corp - it’s just not her thing). But she is still getting emails about the Corp and a really nice glossy brochure in the mail - that seemed to be geared toward female recruitment. The most recent statistic that I can find was 2011 and only 11 percent of Corps members were women - significantly less than the student population.

my niece is a senior in the corps. Best experience of her life. She was not military raised. Is actually a mission kid and grew up overseas. She struggled her first semester as every freshman does, but is now thriving and has held many high positions each year. Great opportunity if interested!

LSU changed admissions requirement as of this year. They required letters of recommendation, essays, and are holistic review.

yes! Do you think since she was accepted there she has a good chance at TAMU?

I’m in really not sure. It may come down to a TEAM offer, which is still a great opportunity. There are a lot of folks here that track admissions closer and would be able to give you a better prospective. My son is close to your daughter…top 18%, but SAT is just a little lower. He hasn’t gotten his LSU acceptance and I think A&M Is a reach for him. Still hoping for TEAM. LSU is his top choice, but I honestly believe that is because he doesn’t think he will get in A&M and doesn’t want to get hopes up.

LSU is a good school. My husbands family all follow their football because they are from La. My daughter is totally wiling to do the Blinn-A&M route if needed. Thank you so much for your incite. Good luck to your son. I have a few years til my son is here and he’s not half as driven or organized as my daughter so I worry for him! Like that your son is realistic according to your assumptions.

My daughter retook SAT this month and got a bit higher at 1240. I just added it to the application with rush fee. Hope that helps!!

@TMImomof2 Top 18% is good.1240 not bad, but below average for TAMU. BUT has he thought about the residual ACT taken at TAMU and scored the next day? My son did that. He was top 14% 1240 SAT and then got a 28 ACT. He was admitted in the Dec. wave last year. Might want to check out the ACT. It also shows how committed and interested he is in TAMU.