Waitlist

@mneagles you’d think so…

@mneagles I was just thinking the same thing! Hope this isn’t a bad sign. This was their first year with the common app, so it may have been harder for them to estimate admissions numbers…

Not all/most who apply to UW make use of this website.

My daughter came off the Waitlist today! She’s been accepted into the School of Education! Now she has a hard decision ahead of her.

@rbc1999 Yay!! That’s great news! So happy for you and your daughter :slight_smile:

@rbc1999 congratulations to your daughter! is she in state or out of state?

Got accepted today into the college of letters and sciences. OOS

My D is in state. Her classes were challenging and her grades were good but her ACT was low. She was a competitive swimmer at the regional (multi-state) level and a hs state qualifier and she had great letters of rec.

Congratulations to those accepted-- were you called or did your application status change online?

I received an email saying that my application decision has been posted @CWNWSS

Not much activity regarding wait-lists-- does that mean that UW has filled the spaces?

I think it’s still open @CWNWSS because when I search “Wisconsin waitlist X” where X is a year like 2016, 2015, etc. I get a page on the wisc.edu website that says the Waitlist is closed for those years. When I search for 2017 I don’t get anything saying it’s closed.

Good luck! I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you!

IIRC you were accepted at UMN but in your second choice school. Is Wisconsin your #1 school?

Thanks for the info! Yes, I was accepted to University of MN but would like to attend Wisconsin as my first choice school.

My son spent the day hopping to graduation parties. He heard that lots of kids have gotten off the wait list, but no update for him, unfortunately…

uwalummom is your son in state or OOS? What is his second choice school? Would you mind sharing his stats?

@CWNWSS Sure…he is in state. 3.65 uw gpa and 27 act. He has committed to Iowa State.

@uwalummom, good luck to your son too! The waitlist closed on June 20th in 2016, June 11th in 2015 and June 17th in 2014. There is still time for both you and @CWNWSS.

Thanks for that info! I have sent updates on grades and athletic accomplishments but is there anything else that anyone would suggest that I can do at this point?

It might be too late, but my daughter sent in another letter of recommendation from her club swim coach right before she went from deferred to waitlisted. I don’t think they had a chance to read it prior to making that decision but they did read it before she came off the WL. My daughter also sent emails of continued interest, telling the admissions committee that the UW was her #1 choice and that she would enroll if she was accepted. She sent one after she was deferred and another one when she was waitlisted. I would ask if your coach can send in a letter of rec for you this week and send another letter of continued interest. They might have a chance to read and process them in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you-- I’ll do that.