Waitlist

Waitlisted smh. What’s the best way to be admitted off the waitlist? Do I have to write a LOCI? Do I need recommendations? Don’t know how I was waitlisted with a 4 Year ROTC Scholarship that covers $250K!!!

Also wait-listed.

Waitlisted here too. I sent a LOCI and I’ll probably send a letter of recommendation later. Any advice would be great.

If you read through the decision thread here you’ll see that there were numerous students with excellent stats that were denied or wait listed and others with stats that were not as good who were admitted. I believe that GW, like most schools places a high value on extracurricular leadership. My daughter was weak in that area and was wait listed. If it is any consolation, she will be turning the wait list offer down. Hopefully, this improves your chances.

Yeah I was loaded with extracurriculars so I dont know…

@iminboiz Approx how long was your LOCI? And did you send it through email? im working on mine right now

@17andcomingclean 300 words. I’ll be making another one longer later in April.

@DavidHopkins It’s not JUST about EC’s and leadership- it’s about the “whole package.” GW doesn’t want you loading-up on honors/AP courses just for the heck of it, nor do they want you to be involved-in a bunch of ECs “just because.” I think it’s all about a combo of showing determination, intelligence, and a focus on something extrinsic.

My d waitlisted…34 act… 94 unw average…lots of sports…very little ec besides sports…average essay

bump

Was there a call-in day this year? I’ve heard about it but didn’t get any email about it. @everyone

Just got an email stating that there’s no more space for us waitlisted people. :frowning:

interesting, so they met their yield… sorry though.