Waitlist?

<p>I can't tell if this is the standard rejection or a waitlist letter</p>

<p>It says at the top they can't offer me admission
But they go on to say that if space opens up after May 1, it's possible I can have a spot. At the bottom it says, "Your application will receive continued consideration only if you return this form."</p>

<p>So does everybody get that? Or I among the best of the rejections?</p>

<p>Not all. The "extended wait list" is usually offered to the most qualified candidates who were previously postponed or applied late in the admission cycle. Obviously, waiting until May 1 requires a lot patience. However, if I recalled correctly, the admission actually had to tap into the extended wait list in the last two years. This usually happen when people withdrew after turning in their deposit. Not sure the exact number.</p>

<p>so if i applied earlier i would have had a better shot?
ugh.</p>

<p>thanks for the info man</p>

<p>Don't beat yourself. If you really interest in Wisconsin, talk to your admission counselor, find out your weakness(es) and continue to keep him/her update of your progress. </p>

<p>Unfortunately, this strategy is not guarantee to work. So, you should decide on a "backup" school just in case.</p>

<p>my weakness is that my grades suck
I'm a second semester senior. I haven't exactly been doing much to improve that.
Doubt I'm coming of that list anytime soon haha.</p>

<p>Oh well.</p>