waitlist

<p>What ae the chances i can get in after getting waitlisted? When would Um tell me"?</p>

<p>did u apply as a freshman or transfer?</p>

<p>they send me an email that i was defered to waiting list... they will let u know in june...</p>

<p>did you hear anything from tulane yet cilia? what other schools did you apply to?</p>

<p>Yea Cilia, I remeber ur post. I frankly am quite curious as to why u were deffered in the first place. I had the same stats as u and I applied regular and i didnt even have LEgacy as u claim u did. I got in. really weird. I spoke to an aunt of mine that works at a university in Florida. she tells me most of the times they defer u and accept u, I wish u luck!</p>

<p>thnx... i dont know nothing yet... UM defered me to waiting list.. and tulane, no idea yet... i'm very nervious... i hope i get in into a good University... thnks all for your good hopes...!!! i'll keep u all updated!!!</p>

<p>i also applied to SMU, UF, UM, Tulane, Lehigh, Yeshiva and FIU...</p>

<p>Ok here is what I suggest u do Cilia. IF Miami truly is ur first choice then call them. Ask to speak to the director of international admissions, his name is somethign castio or something like that, ive spoken to him and hes quite nice. U tell them ur situation and tell him that MIami is truly ur first choice school and to plz consider that. It definately will increase ur chances cause now they will probably push u in since ur definately qualified.</p>

<p>i did that dor 2 month.. Luis Locasio... he told me he was going to help me... and i talked to him every single day... i dont know what happend... guess he didnt liked me..</p>

<p>Did Locasio tell u, that u wont find out till June or he told u he will try to get u a decision earlier. cuz most schools require confirmation of attendence by May 1st.</p>

<p>In the worst case scenario u get into FIU and transfer after a year. I have a few friends of mine that are gonna go that route.</p>

<p>i dont think FIU will accept me... because i applied as in state.. and my SAT are very low... but UM... dont ask for the SAT... thats the diferent... FIU asks for a very good Verbal score in the SAT but since i live in Panama my first lenguage is Spanish... but i passed the toefl... but my SAT are still very low...</p>

<p>UM is a much better school than FIU, and chances are if UM rejects you that FIU will accept you. </p>

<p>Waitlisted students typically receive notification of acceptance/rejection after May 1st because they have to wait to hear if the accepted students are actually planning to attend and if one doesn't that opens up a spot for a waitlisted student....</p>