Waitlisted at 4 DIFF UC's QUESTION

Hi everyone,

I got waitlisted at, UCSD (dream school), UCI, UCSB, and UC Davis.

I am working very very hard on the San Diego essay before I join the waitlist for the school and was wondering if I was to accept all the waitlists what would be my chances of getting into at least one of them??

Also, taking into consideration the addition in 2016 of 5,000 more students across the 9 campuses, how does this affect my chances?

THANK U ALL VERY MUCH :slight_smile:

waitlisted at UCSD, accepted to UCI,UCSB and not applied to UCD. I am not accepting UCSD’s waitlist because i don’t want to go anyway HAHA one more person who did NOT accept the waitlist so one more chance for you! Also, I read that it’s not good to accept more than 2 waitlists because it all gets complicated if they decide to accept you. They all announce at unpredictable times and give a deadline for one to reply by, typically one week from announcing your admission. Good luck!! :smiley:
I’m on the same phase as you. I’m trying to get admitted from Northwestern’s waitlist :-SS Let’s not lose hope!!!

each is run independently. Hopefully, you have other options. You should definitely lock down a seat somewhere else while you wait.

If you want to go to a UC, I would opt into EVERY waitlist for a UC that you would like to go to. Each year is very different with respect to how many get in off the waitlists, but the numbers are aren’t high, so maximize your chances.