Waitlisted @ Davis and San Diego. Any hope?

Admittedly a bit surprised. Had the average GPA ~4.1 along with an over 75th percentile ACT score (34) with pretty good and major-relevant EC’s(CompSci - but not engineering). Essays were good according to the ppl who read it (UC admissions officers). 700+ SAT Subjects. 5 Ap’s. Not too competitive of a school.

Kind of thought I had a good chance of getting in at Davis. Am I screwed for Davis? Should I give up hope? Does this happen often? Lol… not feeling too happy right now… The dream is UCLA but that’s not looking like a feasible option rn.

You should read this http://■■■■■■■■■■■■/home/waitlist-woes-and-waitlist-statement-guideline-2015/. I’m in the exact same position as you and I suppose that many others are too :frowning:

@mmggmmtt‌ I dipped into your profile a bit and, looking at your stats, was surprised that you were waitlisted. You’re way better than me! Regardless, thanks for the read – it was definitely reassuring. Hope you get in!

@NotVeryHappy2015‌ Thanks! I hope you get in too!

I hope it works out but, encourage you to focus on the schools that accepted you. Many schools are already taking housing deposits. If that includes your alternate school, you may want to lock up a bed while you wait.

Good luck

@NCalRent‌ Thank you for the kind wishes : )

My backup is a community college where i’ll be able to transfer to a UC in 2 years. However, that is definitely a good tip for those in my situation!

Someone in my school found out that he got waitlisted from SD, yet he’s already been accepted into Berkeley on Regents, Brown, and Dartmouth.