Waitlisted for Early Action?

<p>Did anyone else receive this answer from Hampshire? I applied Early Action and they said they decided to review my application AGAIN during regular decision.</p>

<p>They took (what in their view were) the most attractive applicants in the Early Action part of the admissions cycle. Applicants who still look good were moved into the regular decision group and will be re-evaluated then. I think that more than half of the accepted students are selected via regular admission, so being deferred from Early Action does not necessarily mean that you won’t get in. If they didn’t think much of you, they would have sent you a rejection letter.</p>

<p>thanks! Yeah I wondered how i might affect me, I’ve applied to several places and gotten a decision but none responded in that way so I wasn’t sure what it meant exactly. Hopefully my good 1st trimester grades will be enough, my grades this trimester are resting more so on the grade B side…</p>

<p>Here are the proportion of entering students from 2009, according to Hampshire (<a href=“FAQ: For Prospective Students | Hampshire College):%5B/url%5D”>FAQ: For Prospective Students | Hampshire College):</a></p>

<p>Applications received for Fall, 2009: 2,812
Total matriculants, September 2009: 447 </p>

<p>Early Decision: 55 (14%)
Early Action: 82 (21%)
Regular Admission: 257 (65%)</p>

<p>Of course, there is a huge difference between ‘accepted’ students and ‘entering’ students. A majority of accepted students chose to go elsewhere.</p>

<p>According to the College Board ([College</a> Search - Hampshire College - At a Glance](<a href=“College Search - BigFuture | College Board):%5DCollege”>College Search - BigFuture | College Board):)</p>

<pre><code>* Number of early decision applications received: 67

• Number admitted under early decision plan: 59

• Number of early action applications received: 467

• Number admitted under early action plan: 362

• Number enrolled under early action plan: 82
    </code></pre>

<h2>Percent applicants admitted: 63%</h2>

<p>So, 2,812 students applied, and by may calculation, 1,771 (63%)were admitted. Of those, 447 actually entered (matriculated), which is only 25% of those admitted. Of the 1,771 that were admitted, only 421 were admitted through ED or EA. So, if 2010 is anything like 2009, Hampshire will be admitting 1,350 more students this Spring.</p>

<p>thanks ALF, i suppose that makes sense. I guess hampshire isn’t alot of people’s first choice.</p>

<p>What were your stats?</p>

<p>SAT</p>

<p>Writing 580
CR 540
Math 490</p>

<p>My GPA is somewhere around 3.3-4 but I have a decent amount of EC’s in film and video and currently I am doing an internship all year for our city’s television network. I got a 3.6 last trimester, this trimester more like a 3.48. I’ve done graphics, photography, and our school’s light and sound club for the theater where I worked the light board. I do a lot of videos for the school plays, sports, ect. Hopefully this will be enough :/</p>

<p>I’ve taken 3 AP classes: Psychology, Comparative Government, and English Language and Composition.</p>

<p>Did you send your SAT scores?</p>

<p>hey…when does the college start notifying international students of their admissions and financial aid decisions? Have the decisions been mailed or e-mailed yet?</p>