Waitlisted for Virginia Tech

<p>I've recently found out that i've been wait-listed for Virginia Tech. Does anyone usually know when admissions for "waitlisters" are announced? And if there is anyone with previous stories of being wait-listed and then getting accepted, could you please inform me haha. Virginia Tech is currently my #1 and I would like to do anything to get in; and not just sit down & wait for a miracle. I would really appreciate it!</p>

<p>Thank you! GO HOKIES?!?</p>

<p>Hi, just like you I’ve been waitlisted at tech…from what I’ve talked to people about and read online …we have no idea our chances …it all depends on how many of their 16,000 admitted applicants pay their deposites…I also read that they are planning to take just over 6,000 students for the class of 2012…so we will not hear back until the earliest may 1st…and tech also stated that they will admit students all the way up until mid July…I was also waitlisted at jmu so if anyone has some information about their waitlist it would be much appreciated …I guess I have to turn in my money to radford now…</p>

<p>Thank you for the information, I hope that everything works out for you man. :slight_smile:
By any chance, do you know how many people were waitlisted?</p>

<p>my brother also got waitlisted which is freaky. 3.7 (unweighted…with full AP/IB courses), 3 Varsity athlete, National honor society X 3 yrs, runs a Youth mentor program, is a peer tutor, worked in both the VA Senate and House of Reps for internships, has sports records, tons of accomplishments and we have a sister at Tech…Go figure. If he can’t get in, who does? Doesn’t want to get his hopes up for opening the wait list but would love to hear if anything thinks this might have been a mistake and should he call</p>

<p>My cousin got waitlisted last year. Don’t remember his stats but he got into Clemson and Purdue. Ended up getting admitted and he’s there right now so it is possible.</p>

<p>Any word for any of you yet? I heard they opened the waitlist but so far only out of state people have been called.</p>