Waitlisted (sorry another)

@anxious4accept explanation might have been a reason for waitlist and not deny. Only they know, call and ask.

@anxious4accept here is the list of the 10 most popular majors for freshmen for the class of 2019
General Engineering
University Studie
General Biosciences
Business (undecided)
Human Nutrition, Foods, & Exercise
Animal and Poultry Sciences
Physics
Architecture
Math
Business Information Technology

I for one do not think accounting is hard to get into. Also keep in mind that they look at individuals within his or her school

p.s. if you do the @ and then the person’s username it will tag the person and he/she will be notified. that way we can respond faster B-)

@hokiehopeful12 haha you’re right I figured that out after. I feel like the most popular doesn’t necessarily mean the hardest to get into but I agree that accounting probably isn’t that difficult of a major to get into and it’s probably just more that it didn’t quite match up with my scores. Although I like math I’m not necessarily the best with all the equations and stuff that they teach you in trig and algebra so that probably showed in my sat scores and grades. Oh well what’s done is done and I’ll just have to see if I get off the waitlist. I got into jmu yesterday and they also had a record breaking number of applicants this year so that makes me think the number of colleges people are applying to is increasing overall. I think a lot of people in va just apply to all the schools in va as safeties and although a lot of people were accepted, tech and jmu aren’t really their first choice, so fingers crossed that I can get off the waitlist.

@anxious4accept I do work in higher education now and have done a lot of research on admissions trends, the number of colleges that kids apply to has risen quite a bit in the past few years - I think over 55% of incoming freshman applied to 4 or more universities in 2014. Hoping that you get lucky and off that waitlist!

@financiallylost yeah I hope so too! Thank you so much :slight_smile: