Waitlisted Students?

<p>So I just found out that I'm on UM's waitlist... Anyone know when I can expect to find out if I'm accepted or rejected? And for anyone else on the waitlist, do you think you'll wait for UM or commit elsewhere? I'm not sure if it's worth putting off my other schools in the hopes I'll be taken off of the waitlist.</p>

<p>i was waitlisted too-i hope we find out sooner than later…because UM is a top choice! im not waiting on any scholarships or financial aid so i hope that helps ugh but i have NO idea when we find out</p>

<p>Do you find it in MyUM? It appears yesterday or you did not check the day before? Sorry to bother, I am just too nervous</p>

<p>Waitlisted student MUST commit to another school by May 1st. UM does not go to its waitlist until all responses are received. Historically, they have not taken students off the waitlist until at least mid-May. </p>

<p>Please do not let May 1st come and go without committing to a school. Good luck.</p>

<p>I may send my deposit to another school and just eat the $200 or so if Miami takes me off of the waitlist… What are you all planning on sending UM to try to sway them in your favor? Unfortunately APs and SATIIs don’t happen until after May 1st, so all I can think of are more teacher recs and my mid-year report.</p>

<p>And what happens if you pay deposit and commit yourself to one, and then you are accepted from a waitlist? Which is your real commitment with the deposit? I wanted to be fair!</p>

<p>Question- if you all found out in the last few days that you were wait listed… did you originally get deferred when you were notified on February 1st? </p>

<p>Also, which is better, to get deferred or wait listed?</p>

<p>I care more about getting into the college of my choice than being fair to the one I snub. And it’s usually better to be deferred. I applied in late December so my app was only processed once.</p>

<p>Also waitlisted. And you are obligated to send a deposit somewhere. Colleges have an official name for kids opting out during the summer because they got in off the waitlist somewhere else…I forget what it’s called, but they expect it. Don’t worry about being fair, you need to be fair to yourself. I personally will not opt to stay on this waitlist because I didn’t really want to go here. BTW twistbeach2/goopmyband, you can only get deferred until they reach a decision, which will be accepted, denied or waitlisted.</p>

<p>Got wait listed today too… Considering University of Michigan was my top choice, from which I got deferred in EA, if I got wait listed at UMiami, then I’m not holding my breath for Michigan. Screw college admissions.</p>

<p>Michigan is a bigger school, and lot of fun. You may get there easier than UM. Hope you the best!</p>

<p>are any of these waitlists following an EA deferral?.</p>

<p>(usualgirl, according to your post, one can be waitlisted after a deferral…not sure this is necessarily correct, which is why I am asking above question)</p>

<p>Yes, I was waitlisted after being deferred.</p>

<p>Does miami give a ranking to those on the waitlist? and does anyone know how miami handled their waitlist last year?</p>

<p>Same here usual girl. what are you going to do? Guess I shall try to picture myself elsewhere!</p>

<p>Looking at last year’s posts regarding the waitlist, it seemed like UM admitted quite a few from the list. Also, some on the list were offered Spring admission. Remember, being waitlisted means they determined you were qualified but they just didn’t have space…yet. </p>

<p>Good luck to all of you.</p>

<p>just confirmed my spot on the waitlist… =/
atleast i didnt get rejected</p>

<p>Ugh… This Sucks! I was Waitlisted. I want to go to UM but I’m not sure if I should keep my hopes up when there’s no guarantee. Does anyone have any advice? Does anyone know how often and how many are taken off waitlist?</p>

<p>waitlisted :frowning: in my letter though they said that because i’m a legacy they will still definitely let me enroll for the spring semester now. did they just lie to me or was no one else offered this?</p>

<p>@chaymck… i was waitlisted as well today and i’m a legacy… they didn’t mention it to me. Lucky you!</p>