Waitlisting Question - UCD

<p>I’m waitlisted at UCD, but the waitlist decisions don’t come out till post-May 1st. I got into UCSB and will submit my SIR there (since it’s due May 1st), but if I get into Davis, what loops do I have to go through to switch? Do I just call SB and tell them I’d like to decline? </p>

<p>I’ve been looking through the sites and stuff but I was unable to get some solid info. I’m just freaking out right now, some help would be nice.</p>

<p>man I have the same problem, but Im going to Irvine</p>

<p>Received this from my high school…</p>

<p>University of California Waitlist Protocol for Fall 2010 Freshman Admission:</p>

<p>In order to more effectively management enrollments, that is – to enroll the greatest number of freshman students without over enrolling, most UC campuses will implement waitlists this cycle. We expect that our process will function much like those at private colleges. The key points include:</p>

<p>· For fall 2010, the waitlist process will apply to freshman only</p>

<p>· All campuses will participate except UCLA and Merced</p>

<p>· Regarding process: At the same time that campuses send admission and deny letters, participating campuses will invite a subset of their denied freshman applicants to indicate their interest in being on a waiting list. Applicants offered the waitlist would be those who came closest to being admitted in the campus’s comprehensive review process but didn’t quite make it.</p>

<p>· Wait list candidates will be required to indicate their interest by April 15 (opt-in). Applicants who are wait list candidates on more than one campus can ask to be placed on the wait list for more than one campus. Applicants who are admitted to one or more campuses will be encouraged to accept one admission offer even if they wish to wait list for another campus. This is to ensure that they have a space. However, if the student sends in a deposit to Campus A and later accepts an offer at Campus B, the deposit to Campus A will not be refunded.</p>

<p>· Shortly after Statements of Intent to Register are due (May 1), campuses will analyze likely enrollment and begin to move students off their waiting lists if they anticipate not reaching their targets. We expect that most of these offers will be out by May 17 and it is our intent to wrap this up as early as possible in June.</p>

<p>· This will produce a certain amount of “churning” as some students cancel their acceptances at one campus to attend another and the second-choice campus then has to go to its wait list to replace the lost enrollment. We anticipate that enrollment decisions would be stabilized by the end of May. </p>

<p>· Students who are offered admission off the waitlist will receive information on housing and financial aid (if applicable) before having to make a commitment (SIR) to a campus.</p>

<p>· A word about appeals: Students who feel they have grounds for an appeal of a denial decision should not be discouraged from appealing but they should be reminded that the purpose of appeal is to address errors or to provide compelling new information and/or information on hardships [a student shouldn’t assume that they don’t need to appeal but we are reminding them that the purpose of the appeal]. Related, students cannot appeal to be placed on the waitlist; they can appeal an admissions decision if there are grounds for an appeal.</p>

<p>If this information is not clear or you need additional information, please feel free to contact me directly. Again, I apologize for the lateness of this response.</p>

<p>Susan A. Wilbur, Ph.D.
Director of Undergraduate Admissions
University of California Office of the President
1111 Franklin Street, 9th Floor
Oakland, CA 94607-5200
(510) 987-9565
(510) 987-9522 (FAX)</p>

<p>Awesome, that answered my question, thanks.</p>

<p>Any idea on how much the nonrefundable deposit is?</p>

<p>^ I believe it’s $100…</p>

<p>Oh, alright. Thanks.</p>