Waitlists 2022 (Class of 2026) that have closed

My daughter is on the waitlist at Bowdoin and has not received a notice that the waitlist is closed.

Same here

Yes, I read similar posts also regarding extended waitlist. The letter my DD received said “Our incoming class is full” which I read as pretty definitive, but I guess there is still room for nuance even in such language.

1 Like

Perhaps they are anticipating some summer melt and keeping a much smaller waitlist to address it. I can’t imagine that Columbia experiences much melt, though.

1 Like

Carnegie Mellon has closed their WL

1 Like

Wesleyan updated their portal today with an email that their waitlist is now closed.

4 Likes

Villanova sent out an email today stating that “At this time, all places in the Class of 2026 have been filled, and we will not be making additional offers of admission.”

2 Likes

My daughter received a notice today that Rice has closed their waitlist.

2 Likes

My D received an email from UVA that their class is closed.

3 Likes

My son received an email from
Amherst today that their class is fully enrolled and they are closing their waitlist.

1 Like

Duke is closed

1 Like

Source please.

My D received an email and portal is now locked out. I can’t say that everyone received the same email.

1 Like

Georgia Tech waitlist closed

1 Like

Bryn Mawr waitlist closed

1 Like

Bowdoin waitlist is closed per email from admissions received yesterday.

1 Like

Anyone know what colleges that have closed their waitlists do if they lose a student to another school in the summer when that student gets off a waitlist? Do they attempt to backfill that spot?

Depends how enrollment is looking. Colleges plan for ‘summer melt’.

For example, they may enroll 108% of their target class size, expecting to lose X number of students over the summer. Generally, in that case, they would not replace a deposited student who is not going to enroll for the Fall.

1 Like

Alternatively, if they end up slightly below target they will likely not look to backfill either.

2 Likes