Wake Forest Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Wake Forest Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

2 Likes

*Forest

1 Like

Does anyone have any information about the weight given to the optional video? We were late to apply to WF and only learned of the video when the application was submitted.

1 Like

I’ve heard of people getting in without it. My son applied for an interview, but they were out of spots. They said he could send in a video, but he didn’t have time by that point. He did do an arts supplement, so hopefully that will help.

My daughter received a text confirming application weeks ago but still has no portal entry. Is there not a portal for WF, or should she follow up?

Mine got his by email soon after the application was accepted.

2 Likes

Oh no, we didn’t submit a video…is that important? Too bad. We are actually one minute late submitting the application, so we send an email and they at least kindly downloaded it the next day.

2 Likes

We didn’t either. ???

1 Like

D did the interview right after she applied in early November, and did not do the video because it is either/Or not both. Interviewer was great, very nice! She applied for one of their bigger non-need based merit scholarships, so had to have everything in early–plus it is a great school and she enjoyed the essay Qs.

Anyone get the signature scholarship finalist email? Interviews Feb 16-18. Very excited kid in our house! She applied for Presidential Arts but is a finalist for the signatures(which aren’t applied for).

4 Likes

Congrats! Not that one but maybe others will be on the way soon!

2 Likes

Has she heard anything about Presidential Arts? My daughter applied for that as well, but haven’t heard anything.

Mine hasn’t yet.

1 Like

Looking at prior years, Presidential Arts comes out later, after the signature scholar finalists are notified. Mine is a just a signature scholar finalist as of now and it seems (prior yr posters) you cannot be finalists for both those and presidential arts, but that is not confirmed.

3 Likes

Are there Wake Forest automatic merit scholarships or are they all required to be applied for separately? All these schools policies are getting mixed up in my head and I’m just wondering what to even hope for :rofl:

See their website. The signature scholarships (Full ride) do not have an application. The presidential arts (not a full ride) one needs an application (basically a detailed arts supplement) and so do some others. Getting non-need based pure merit aid is rare and highly competitive at Wake.
There are “named” scholarships that are need-based: they have excellent need-based aid for those who qualify for financial aid, as part of the financial aid package.

1 Like

My son is in the same situation!! Congrats

1 Like

Anyone notified about Presidential Scholarship finalist yet?

Mine hasn’t heard anything. I think I saw in an older thread that they send something by mail.

My son heard that he is a finalist for the Presidential.

4 Likes