Wake Forest Class of 2027 Official Thread

Has Wake given an official RD release date yet? I know it says April 1st, but I’ve heard some schools shoot for an earlier date.

3 Likes

No official word and there usually won’t be until right before. For the majority of recent years, it has been the last Friday in March, in the evening.

1 Like

Does anyone here use slate.org? I saw people were talking about it, so I created an account using my kid’s info. The wake forest one is “in progress”, status is “awaiting decision”, deadline 06/01/2023. Wonder if other kids have the same info.

1 Like

Ours says Decided and the ED release date (12/16/2022). So it seems WF is definitely updating Slate. I can tell other schools kid23 applied to aren’t using all of its functionality or have their own indecipherable system.

1 Like

Thanks! We applied RD, so that makes sense.

Son had same info. Also reg decision.

Ok, sounds like we are still in pipeline. I have to admit waiting is much worse than I anticipated…

3 Likes

i just saw on another site its 3/26

1 Like

Where did you see that?

3/26 is a Sunday, HIGHLY unlikely

someone posted this on this site in the release calendar link. if you scroll to bottom it lists the release dates for some colleges

Many of these sites just use the date from last year but aren’t official.

2 Likes

i know, i’m just sharing what i found

Does Wake Forest do any kind of admitted students events?

Yes. There will be an Admitted Students’ Day in April. There are a number of presentations for students and parents, and also a student organization fair where prospective attendees can interact with current students. There’s usually a baseball or soccer game to attend as well.

2 Likes

Do all signature programs require an interview? Can we still be selected without interview?

1 Like

Has Wake said when they will let us know? Is it a week from Friday? Two weeks?

The long answer:
You do not have to do the optional Wake Forest admissions interview to be considered for the signature scholars, but you do have to apply by a certain date (mid November or early December, I forget). All ED and RD apps are considered if in by then, with no essays or other app. Then, about 50-55 finalists are notified in late January/early February. They are invited to a Finalist weekend (virtual the past 2 yrs)where a panel interview (dean/faculty) occurs as well as other programming(talking with current scholars, deans etc). All signature scholar winners (about 30) are selected from thees finalists , based in part on the panel interview. You DO have to be selected as a finalist and participate in the finalist weekend/panel interview to be selected as a scholar.
There are some other smaller merit programs such as Presidential, and as far as I know those are all selected after the Signature Scholars are finalized, and some of them are awarded to those in the finalist group who were not selected as signature winners. Merit(ie non-need based aid/ do not have to apply for financial aid to be considered) at Wake is very rare, and the signature scholars program is just 30. At finalist weekend they told them that their essays and LORs made them really stand out to the committee and that’s how they were chosen, in addition to characteristics Wake’s website lists about each program (most challenging HS curriculum, amazing transcript/top stats, leadership, talent, etc).

TLDR: No, an admissions interview is not required, but Yes the finalist weekend panel interview is required, and at this point the scholars are all already selected.

2 Likes

Decisions are coming out later today-3/17/23

4 Likes