Wake Forest Class of 2027 Official Thread

8:00 according to the countdown clock

It’s out

1 Like

Waitlisted :cry:

Nothing in my sons portal

DD accepted! So proud of her. This was the last school we were waiting on, all decisions are in. What an emotional ride this has been.

5 Likes

Does anyone know the waitlisted stats for Wake Forest? I think the % that get in has risen dramatically nation wide since schools became test optional and the number of applications skyrocketed. The average accepted off the waitlist at selective schools was 7% last year. But no clue for Wake. Acceptance rate just dropped from 25% to 8

3 Likes

Daughter waitlisted. ACT 33. GPA 4.0, 4.7 weighted. Rank 1/160. StuCo president. Leadership in other ECs. That’s ok, too pricey anyway. She’s headed to UF (oos), got into UF Honors with a scholarship.

4 Likes

1400 is the number expected to enroll in first year class, not the number accepted. Last year, I think they accepted around 3800.

2 Likes

My daughter was waitlisted as well, but honestly I was a bigger fan of WF than she was. We are visiting UF this weekend for GEE (Gator Engineering Exoerience). Hoping she loves it and wants to register!! Good luck to your D!

3 Likes

The Wake Forest campus was beautiful. But the sunshine state is quite nice too. Enjoy GEE! We’re headed to a Florida Day in a couple weeks.

2 Likes

Does anyone think it’s worth it to accept a spot on the waitlist?

3 Likes

Son was accepted!

5 Likes

I’m an alumna. My son was waitlisted. 3.95 GPA, 4.3 weighted. 4 year football player, cofounder of a club at his high school. And we took the time to make a trip down there for a tour last summer to demonstrate interest.

It’s just a bad time to be applying to college as a white male. (Un-P.C., but true.)

Congrats to all those accepted. You will get a great education. For all those who were rejected, I have to say that although Wake Forest was so good for me academically that I got into Yale Med, it was somewhat traumatic socially. Very clicky, very greek.

It’s hard to want to pursue a school who waitlisted him when other places have shown him more love and offered him scholarships.

Definitely leaves a sour taste in my mouth as an alum. I won’t be inclined to be putting on any of my Wake Forest gear any time soon!

12 Likes

Waitlist. 3.95 UW/4.65 W

Accepted

1 Like

waitlisted after ND acceptance yesterday. 1550, 4.28, pretty good essays. makes the decision between ND, UNC, and Umich easier

6 Likes

I’ve heard so many stories like this last year and this year. while I completely agree that a school should not accept a legacy with a crappy ‘resume’, your son sounds like he would be a great asset to the school. We have friends whose kids were national merit finalists who did not get in as legacies at other schools. I am class president of my college class (another college) and I can tell you that the one thing a college cannot afford to do is piss off its alumni.

My child was waitlisted. I have told them what i told my older child years ago… It’s their loss, not yours. They’ll never know what a great kid they missed out on.

Best of luck to you and your child as he decides where to go!

6 Likes

D23 accepted
from CA
4.6 GPA
1530 SAT submitted
high rigor
good ECs but no hook
showed interest/tour
no interview (requested but they were full - did not send video)

1 Like

Daughter accepted. Unweighted 4.0. All State tennis player for 3 years. Oldest sister graduated from WF in 2017 and is in Veterinary School. Other sister is a junior at WF and is a Mullen Scholar and is going on for a PhD in Applied Mathematics. Proud parents of 3 Deacs. Love the school!

5 Likes