Walmart on Skyland is poised and ready for students

<p>I was at Walmart today and the aisles are ready for students who need to buy various school/dorm/apt kind of things. Great deals on dishes, utensils, various kitchen needs, bedding, mattress toppers, etc. I even saw spoon, fork, knife sets in plastic dividers all ready to go for $10. Target is also ready. </p>

<p>Both stores have their main aisles lined with stuff so all you have to do is go down the main aisles and grab.</p>

<p>I love this. I’ve heard of stores having midnight “parties” for students with DJs and lots of free samples. Anybody know if Target or Wally World will be doing something similar?</p>

<p>Target does</p>

<p>Yes, Target does a Back to School Party for the college kids - usually it’s a day or two before school starts…free food, give-aways, music, etc…very much a party-like atmosphere. The Crimson Ride provides transportation to the event.</p>

<p>Target’s party is Monday Aug 19.</p>

<p>From the Parent newsletter about the WOW events:</p>

<p>"Students needing last minute school supplies and room d</p>

<p>Is there a WalMart in the area where Target is? The last time we were there we found the Target. (First time we were there we thought the town was only the few stores on the strip)</p>

<p>The Tuscaloosa Wal-Mart is on the other side of the interstate on Skyland Blvd. (Exit 73). There is another Wal-Mart across the river in Northport that is almost closer to campus, but few students go over to that area.</p>

<p>I would suggest looking at a satellite view of Tuscaloosa on Google Maps before driving down. Tuscaloosa is a bigger city than many people think, stretching almost 20 miles along I-20/59.</p>

<p>I didn’t want to start another thread, but since you are explaining different areas of Tuscaloosa, what would be considered “midtown” and what is considered “downtown”. These areas have been mentioned several times in other threads.</p>

<p>Midtown is the area on McFarland around the 15th street cross street…Midtown Village is located on McFarland and 15th street.</p>

<p>Downtown is the older area of Ttown…around the cross streets of University and Greensboro. It’s where the Civic Center is, the courthouses, etc.</p>

<p>Thanks mom2!!!</p>

<p>So, will WalMart have enough of those plastic rolling carts that fit under the raised beds for all of us, or should I reserve some using store-to-store???</p>

<p>When we visited over Spring Break, we were on such a tight schedule that we basically saw the campus and had to move on to our next stop. We came in on McFarland and stayed at Yellow Hammer Inn, so didn’t see any of the Strip or Downtown. </p>

<p>I just pulled up GoogleMaps to get an idea of where different things are. It is interesting when you zoom in on the campus how the view changes. When you’re zoomed out, the engineering building is complete, but zoom in closer it is under construction. Same with a dorm building close to the river. Zoomed in, it is there, but zoom out and it has been demolished. Really neat to see the progress! :)</p>

<p>*So, will WalMart have enough of those plastic rolling carts that fit under the raised beds for all of us, or should I reserve some using store-to-store???
*</p>

<p>There’s no way to know if they’ll have enough, so do Site to Store to be sure that you get what you want.</p>