Was I in Tuscaloosa or D.C.?

<p>^^^Precisely. :)</p>

<p>Perhaps it’s something about being a tiger that makes them a little bit edgy, or maybe it’s the awful orange and blue or purple and gold. On each of my family’s visits to a particular store over the past year or so we have passed by a particular guy who works in the men’s department and apparently is a fan of that orange and blue school down the road.</p>

<p>Because one of us is usually wearing a shirt, tie, or other clothing item that represents our pride for the Crimson Tide, this guy ALWAYS feels it necessary to shout “War Eagle” whenever he sees us. We’ve always smiled and responded with a friendly Roll Tide. </p>

<p>Apparently the young man wasn’t content with this exchange and made a snarky remark of sorts to our 16 year old daughter who had grown tired of him. She responded with a smile, “42-14, sir. We’ll see y’all in November, Roll Tide!” He doesn’t seem interested in saying “War Eagle” to her anymore.</p>

<p>^^^bamagirls
LOL I love your daughters poise and quick wit! What a classy reply…
Bet she takes after you? :slight_smile: Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Bamagirls, Ya gotta love it. Calm, cool, collective but right to the point…LOL…42-14 sir, now can I have my fries please…</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Sorry, it’s not the Tide, it’s the location.
You would have gotten the same (appropriate) reaction if you were wearing a Michigan shirt or a Yale shirt or a SoCal shirt, etc.
The DC area has many people living here who originate from other places.
Just the nature of the area.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>That sure hasn’t been my experience. I’ve cruised around many huge metropolitan areas populated by folks from everywhere (including D.C.) wearing gear from Cal, Michigan State, Texas, and 'Bama. I can count the number of Go Bears, Go Green, and Hook 'Em Horns I’ve received on one hand. I got that many Roll Tides in Vegas on a single evening last March.</p>

<p>It’s just the nature of the beast. ;)</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>