Washington & Lee DIVE Program

Good day everyone!

I recently got an email, most likely a part of a mass email to many students, about being invited to apply for Washington & Lee’s DIVE (Diversity and Inclusion Visit Experience). The program is about inviting students of color, Pell-Grant qualifiers, Questbrige-affiliated students, and more onto campus to see what life is like onto the campus. It’s a three-day program, spanning Sunday-Tuesday, and apparently, those who are accepted live with a current student and more.

Has anyone applied and gone to the event? If so, how was the experience? What was (if one) the cost of attendance? Other HS visiting programs I’ve seen are mostly, if not completely free. Do you recommend it to other HS students?

Thank you so much!

I just came across this post.

While I don’t have any personal experience with the DIVE program, I do know that the cost is fully covered by W&L. W&L has a stated institutional priority to improve campus diversity and is taking initiative to make that happen. They are even more determined in continuing these efforts after the SCOTUS decision.

I encourage you to contact the school to ask for details if you are interested in participating.

Best of luck!