WashU Sam Fox School of Design CHANCES??

I am a junior in high school with a 4.1 weighted GPA and a shameful 3.7 unweighted. Do to the current virus situation, I am ending the semester with around an estimated guess of 4.3. My ACT score is a 28 and I plan on taking more (That was my first one). I know very well that my scores alone will not get me into Washington University in St. Louis, but my main focus is their Sam Fox School in arts. I have a full art portfolio, and more pieces to come, and have taken AP Art this year and plan on taking it next year. I have taken my artwork to portfolio meetings and I got pretty much all positive feedback. I have also been playing the violin since the 4th grade if that makes any difference in the arts aspect. Most of my extra time after school is taken from varsity sports (Field Hockey and Lacrosse); I have been on varsity since sophomore year and have never been on a Freshman/C team. As awards go, I have gotten awarded in around 4 art contests and was featured in Second All-Conference offensive field hockey with top regional offensive points. My academics are mainly composed of honors and AP classes (For instance my only regulars are orchestra and history). I know this entire paragraph just feels like a whole lot of listing, but Washington University really is a school I want to get into and if anyone has any advice would really appreciate it. Even though I am coming up on my last year of high school, anything matters. Do I have any chance?

Hey! I was just accepted into Sam Fox and I was also selected as a Proetz scholar (there are 6 scholars!). Truthfully, I can’t say it’s extremely hard to get into the school, really this goes for a majority of art schools, your grades and academics don’t matter as much. If you have good art and you do decent in school, you will get in. You will most likely get in.

Wow! I’m super excited for you that sounds amazing! Thank you for responding, I was getting super worried. Anyway I’ll have my fingers crossed in hopes I get accepted!

Hi, I am curious as to whether you got accepted? Hope so. Thanks!

Hi, anyone waitlisted at Sam Fox for fall 2022?