WashU - St. Louis crime rate?

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

Am an international graduate student (cant visit the campus beforehand), no ED.
I am concerned that as a grad student, ill have to and travel around to network

2 Likes

Thanks for replying, No ED, am an international graduate student.

As I cant visit the campus, I try to gain as much info as I can.

1 Like

Ohhh okay, I understand, totally different then. WashU is in a really nice and safe neighborhood, away from the bad places. You probably won’t even go to that part of town ever, so you shouldn’t worry. The most travel networking you would do is in the city of St. Louis or in another mid-west city like Chicago

1 Like

I used to live in the St. Louis area. Like most of the major cities in the US there are areas you avoid and areas that are fine if you use common sense. My daughter was accepted at WashU and we would have been fine with her going there though she chose another school in another large city. As others have said WashU is in a beautiful part of the city right next to a beautiful neighborhood with lovely and expensive homes. Everyone I know who goes there loves it. They wouldn’t if they felt unsafe.

3 Likes

Totally understandable. Wash U is pretty close ( within a 30 min drive) enough to most of the bigger companies and corporations in St louis if you are going to be an MBA business major. As far as traveling around to network St. Louis is a good city when it comes to traffic and congestion. Not terrible like a lot of big cities are. What degree will you be getting your Masters degree in?