WashU Waitlist Class of 2026

Didn’t see any thread for all us waitlisted at Washu for this upcoming fall! Thought I would start a thread so we can all talk about what’s happening.

3 Likes

Waitlisted early decision 2. I think they had about 900 more applicants than last year and accepted about 200 fewer people than last year. Hopefully that’s good for us? I sent a LOCI yesterday, which was probably later than I should have. If anyone has advice on improving my chances of getting off the waitlist, I would be thankful.

hi! when is a good time to send my loci? i love washu

I sent mine yesterday/ They responded thanking me for the interest and told me to update my accomplishments on my portal.

1 Like

Yeah, it seems like quite a few schools accepted fewer people. Maybe with higher yield rates, they’re expecting more people to attend, and to make sure they aren’t over enrolling, will tap into their waitlists instead of accepting more people off the bat?

when do you think they will start admitting students off the waitlist?

I remember hearing that last year they started admitting people off before May 1st, but I’m not sure if that was confirmed or anything, just something I heard. If not, then definitely expect some kind of movement after May 1st.

2 Likes

waitlisted RD, sent in my loci 3 days ago and still not getting a reply…

I guess it depends on your AC

1 Like

Where did you send a LOCI? Through the portal or just via email to AC?

To my AC. It says on the portal who yours is and provides theur email. I just used the form on the portal to update my achievements, as I was told to do so by the AC in their reply to my LOCI

1 Like

I am a current sophomore at WashU, and I think that I can provide some perspective as to what the waitlist situation might be, so you can draw your own conclusions.

The school is starting to deal with pretty glaring overcrowding issues. The classes of 2024 and 2025 were MASSIVE–like a lot of other schools, they overenrolled for COVID concerns for fall 2020, and in 2025 they miscalculated yield by around 5%. Usually, upperclassmen would have a possibility of living on-campus, but now this year, around 10%-20% of the SOPHOMORE class got pushed into off-campus housing (I am one of these unlucky ones). These aren’t those plush dorms you might’ve visited on a tour here–they are pretty low-quality apartments that are a 25-30 min walk from campus if you don’t have a car. The same issue will happen next year–no juniors, seniors, can live on campus, as well as some sophomores.

I have a few friends who volunteer in admissions, and according to them, there were around 1,000 more applicants than last year for 200 fewer SPOTS (not offers) compared to the class of 2025. As it stands, around 10% of applicants were admitted through all rounds of admissions.

HOWEVER, here is where I think there is some good news for you waitlisted candidates. I believe they are holding out on publishing the admit rate as it stands because they want to be extra-cautious with the yield as to not have another bloated class, and hence, anticipate that some students will get offers from the WL, which will eventually bump up the admit rate once it is all set and done.

I hope that this perspective is helpful. I do want to let you know that you’ll all do just fine without WashU if it doesn’t work out and that the school isn’t as good as it might seem from the outside. If you have any questions please feel free to ask here or PM me.

8 Likes

Wow that was not fair. I am not sure what you meant from the last statement but you were very factual throughout your response and then to make someone feel good who may not get off the waitlist you threw your school under the bus. Now you have to explain why and give some facts?

3 Likes

Thank for the info!

The university expects a class size of roughly 1,810 and around 1,000 applicants to accept a place on its active waitlist.

Just in case this is helpful. Admits 3,600 students and expects 1,810 to enroll, that is like a 50% projected yield rate, which is relatively high compared to previous admission circle. But maybe they did the math right, since this year is somehow special. For some reason, there are more waitlist decisions from all these selective colleges in 2021 cycle, especially for international applicant like me (ended up with 6 waitlist and 1 offer)

Could you tell us which 6 colleges and 1 offered?

Sorry, I need some time to process it. And my results are not a good reference or indicator because I am also test-optional

did anyone get a email from washu regarding waitlist interest? on the 2024 thread they started sending emails in mid april.

Nothing yet :frowning: But they will probably start sending things during the last week of april and the first week of may.

3 Likes

nephew got off wait list this morning!!

2 Likes